what should i do in this situation

i was with my stepdad and we were trying to find a cache. this particular cache was located behind a motel on private property. me and my stepdad both felt uncomfortable going behind it so we decided to leave it alone. should i have done anything different?

No, that's exactly what you should do when you feel uncomfortable.

i was with my stepdad and we were trying to find a cache. this particular cache was located behind a motel on private property. me and my stepdad both felt uncomfortable going behind it so we decided to leave it alone. should i have done anything different?

Pretty much what I do. I don't care how much permission is stated on the Listing page. When it's no longer fun, I move on. There are lots of caches to chose from.

237 people have found it so far, and I don't see any reports of cachers being questioned. The cache page also states "Cache has been placed with permission of the business owners." I suspect you'll be just fine. Look at the gallery if you want some giveaway spoilers (I wish people wouldn't DO that!).

BTW, that cache is the poster child for bad logs! There are the "Yayy"s, the "TFTC"s, the ":;" and even at least one "F".

237 people have found it so far, and I don't see any reports of cachers being questioned. The cache page also states "Cache has been placed with permission of the business owners." I suspect you'll be just fine. Look at the gallery if you want some giveaway spoilers (I wish people wouldn't DO that!).

BTW, that cache is the poster child for bad logs! There are the "Yayy"s, the "TFTC"s, the ":;" and even at least one "F".

I actually WILL find a cache such as that, when there is a clear indication on the cache page that there is permission. Especially when my kids were younger, and weren't too much into hiking in the woods for a cache and stuff. But at the end of the day, I'm one of those "if you feel uncomfortable, just leave guys.

Did someone said Helen Ga? I know about that town. <_< Its a big time tourist trap. And the cache page said "Cache has been placed with permission of the business owners"

I would hunt for it! Any places like Helen Ga really wants people in their town. Oh yea!

The last time we were there, we went looking for a cache and gave up quickly. There's too many shops to enjoy to spend time poking around behind a business.