[BUG] - final waypoint visible only when creating mystery cache

funkymunkyzone

Just found this bug when creating a new mystery cache listing.

I got to the point where I need to enter my final cache location, and I entered the coordinates, but the visibility was set to "Visible" with no way of changing it to "Hidden" - could not click anywhere to change it, not even the little down arrow that looked like it should be where to click to get some options. When continuing, it even asked me if I was sure I wanted to make the final coords Visible and suggested I hid them, but the only options were Edit and Continue and "I tried but there's no way of doing that" button was not there ;) The Edit button didn't help.

I had to submit it and then go back to edit the final waypoint from the cache page and make it hidden.

As a side note, at no point did I get asked to enter the published "bogus" coords, so the listing was created with published coords = final coords - again, I have to go back and change those (although that's not really to do with this bug).

Windows 7, Firefox 35.0

Agreeing with Tiskar94, this isn't a bug. It doesn't work the way many expect. In reviewer mode, I end up creating Mystery caches for users about once a month, because they simply CANNOT figure out what the form wants. I beta tested this form, and didn't bother me at the time, so I'm not complaining that this "should have been" obvious. Worked for me, as it must have for the developers.

At this point, I'd say it needs some language changes on creating Mystery, because I've seen how often it stops people.

And yet it suggests I should make it hidden... even though there is no way to do it.... Hmmm, if that's as intended then the design is flawed.

I guess they designed it that way due to challenge caches and other caches in the category which are exactly at the header coordinates and where the these coordinates are

public and not hidden. Once again the issue is caused because the mystery category comprises much more than puzzle caches.

In all other cases where the final is not at the header coordinates (which always have to be public by default), you need to add further waypoints apart from the header waypoint and as soon as you add at least one waypoint, the default for the final is hidden anyway and you can choose your preferred option.