Groundspeak Block Party 2015

aboudreau

Hello,

I am aboudreau from canada.........

and I was wondering who is attending the Groundspeak Block Pary 2015,

1. how are to getting to the event (car, plan, train),

2. where eveyone is staying

3. if anyone is looking to create a group of single cachers to expore the area together.

I look forward to reading about everyone who is atteneding

:omnomnom::anibad::unsure: :unsure: :yikes::grin: :grin: :D :D :) :) :rolleyes:

I'm going to be attending my first block party - it happens to fall on my birthday and the trip is a nice present to myself :) I'm going to be flying out there (using air miles!) and staying in a private rental within walking distance of GCHQ. I'm planning on going out to the APE event on Sunday as well and have found a ride out there with a local cacher, through the event page for the APE event. As far as forming a group, I'm thinking that may come naturally.

Well I asked on the cache page about hotels in the area as I have never been to

Seattle. I have been to Ft. Lewis buit that is not the same. So far no response. If this is how Groundspeak runs events I may have second thoughts about driving half way across the country and use my money for something better.

Seattle. I have been to Ft. Lewis buit that is not the same. So far no response. If this is how Groundspeak runs events I may have second thoughts about driving half way across the country and use my money for something better.

Yeah, twice in one week, the second "ONCE AGAIN I AM GOING TO ASK ABOUT LODGING INFORMATION. IS THAT TOO HARD?" (and it's in all caps...) doesn't seem very friendly either.

Over 700 will attends already and you're griping that no one's waiting on you in only a weeks time?

This is a large city. If I really wanted to go, I'd use Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Trip Advisor, Hotels.com, Kayak, etc before relying on someone getting back to me...

Yeah, twice in one week, the second "ONCE AGAIN I AM GOING TO ASK ABOUT LODGING INFORMATION. IS THAT TOO HARD?" (and it's in all caps...) doesn't seem very friendly either.

Over 700 will attends already and you're griping that no one's waiting on you in only a weeks time?

This is a large city. If I really wanted to go, I'd use Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Trip Advisor, Hotels.com, Kayak, etc before relying on someone getting back to me...

Well, aren't you just mister nice guy. Usually when someone hold a big event lodging information is detailed in the notice. Usually there is a list of two or three hotels/motels, especially if one is considered a Headquarters. Never, never use Expedia, worse service out there.