Trackables are like Cachers?

wmpastor

TB's are like cachers: they get a cute name, posted pics and an occasional story, but in the end, they're just a number. The person above me is best known as number 6508841.

And somebody always posts the number! We keep telling people "Don't post the number", and what happens! They post the number. Harumph. :angry:

:anibad: Present company excluded, of course.

People stuff one in a duffle bag in their car, and drive all over the place.

That works best when you follow this rule:

Mainstay's TB longevity strategy #1. Drill a great big friggin hole in it to eliminate any collectable qualities....

You see, if you drill a proper hole you can prevent it from walking away and disappearing. Then, once you tag it, you can toss it in your duffle bag and transport it to wherever. Although, I must confess, the last one I found was dumped in a river, and the hole certainly didn't help with the longevity, either.

Of course, I was talking about a TB... :anibad:

People stuff one in a duffle bag in their car, and drive all over the place.

That works best when you follow this rule:

Mainstay's TB longevity strategy #1. Drill a great big friggin hole in it to eliminate any collectable qualities....

You see, if you drill a proper hole you can prevent it from walking away and disappearing. Then, once you tag it, you can toss it in your duffle bag and transport it to wherever. Although, I must confess, the last one I found was dumped in a river, and the hole certainly didn't help with the longevity, either.

Of course, I was talking about a TB... :anibad:

Well, that explains why they keep walking away! ;)

That, and the fact that the ball chain keeps breaking. Like the one pictured:

2ynfc01.jpg

Edited by kunarion

So they often get lost, have no goals, get taken for a ride and kidnapped after staying in sleazy motels while getting logged by multiple people who post compromising photos of them on the net.

Sounds pretty wild.

Those hotels have too many restrictions. Plus, they spend way too much time in the can.

So they often get lost, have no goals, get taken for a ride and kidnapped after staying in sleazy motels while getting logged by multiple people who post compromising photos of them on the net.

Sounds pretty wild.

And after that they end up in prison, either the TB hotel prison, or the penitentiary.

Sounds pretty wild.

And after that they end up in prison, either the TB hotel prison, or the penitentiary.

Let us hope they do not get blown up and/or confiscated by the concerned police department - tags that is that were inside questionably placed caches that aroused muggles concern, as the cachers/cach owners would be arrested and their autos/possessions held.

Actually, trackables are like threads in any topic: once you start one, you never really know where it will go, and when you get tired of watching it wander you have no way of killing it.

I would think this thread fits into either the TB forum or off topic. Perhaps it was only meant to be dipped into this forum for mileage.

Maybe it need to 'Visit' a few more threads, before it gets there?

:)

Actually, trackables are like threads in any topic: once you start one, you never really know where it will go, and when you get tired of watching it wander you have no way of killing it.

I would think this thread fits into either the TB forum or off topic. Perhaps it was only meant to be dipped into this forum for mileage.

Well said, Non. (No, not you, Mon, I mean Non!)

I'm still trying to figure out how a "fear" thread became a car thread overnight. How'd you pull off *that* heist, Mon? (Not Non.)

Well said, Non. (No, not you, Mon, I mean Non!)

I'm still trying to figure out how a "fear" thread became a car thread overnight. How'd you pull off *that* heist, Mon? (Not Non.)

I don't know why you are calling me Mon, and have no idea about how you think your post is on topic either. :D

But hey, here's a trackable that is like a cacher, or perhaps a cacher that is a trackable. :rolleyes:

2726588198_db0a29276e.jpg