Loading Wherigo App on Garmin Oregon 650t

CoryGroveCachers

Although there's a lot of outdated info that the "Garmin Oregon" works, Garmin GPSrs haven't supported Wherigo since the Oregon 550. And you can't add an "App" to run on these. Sorry.

I have a garmin Oregon 550, and am trying to download Wherigo cartridges but am having trouble... can you help please

Edited by creveling5

I have an Oregon 450t and the app was preloaded into the GPSr. I went to Garmin's website and looked through the manuals for both your unit and mine. The manual for the 450t/550t mentions Wherigo. The manual for the 650t does not. Maybe a call to Garmin might be in order. Maybe they have a work around. Or maybe they just decided not the support the Wherigo feature any more. I don't recall seeing Wherigo caches on there geocaching website at www.opencaching.com.

The 650 does not support Wherigo as already mentioned above. I called Garmin when I got my 650t and could not figure out how put a Wherigo cart on it. The support person told me that Garmin does not support Wherigo on all the newer GPS's that they are putting out. You will have to download a smart phone app like WhereYouGo to do the Wherigo caches you might want to find.