cache placement question

Ok I have an idea of where to place my first cache. I was planning to put it near a boat ramp because there is an amazing view of the lake there in my area which belongs to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and I figure as long as I ask one of the people at their office and get approval it should be fine. But that's not the issue. On the way to the boat ramp there is a sign that says "toll booth ahead" which there is none. Would that cause a problem?

The U.S.A.C.E. has a geocache policy, and my experience is that if you've followed it, they're going to okay your cache rather easily. And if you haven't, you'll have to change the cache to match. They absolutely require cache with ID outside, and transparent containers. I've never seen those requirements waived.

It can help you to be able to show some unknowing staffers their own policy page ;-)

Here's that link.

http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/employees/cecwon/pdfs/05jun16-geocache.pdf

non-existent toll booth a non-issue

Edited by Isonzo Karst

+1 on finding a few caches yourself first. It really does help you to understand many of the finer points of being a CO.

I disagree... I know someone in my area that geocache really heavy and doesnt log anything. Hes more experience than what his profile said.

Sometime its best not to judge the book by its cover. <_<

+1 on finding a few caches yourself first. It really does help you to understand many of the finer points of being a CO.

I disagree... I know someone in my area that geocache really heavy and doesnt log anything. Hes more experience than what his profile said.

There are two separate issues here. Do you really disagree with the first? I agree we know nothing about the second since the OP volunteers no information.

1) Does experience help understanding of the game, especially when the cacher needs to explain it to someone to get permission?

2) Does the OP have caching experience?

But there is no cover so to speak...,