Manta Ray Geocoin

tsunrisebey

I haven't produced a new design in quite some time, so if you aren't on Facebook and you haven't see what's coming up in 2015, here's a sneak peek. This is in production now :) The back side is a surprise.

A little history on the Manta Ray design. In 2007 when I did my study abroad in Belize, I spent one week doing a portion of the study doing a biological study on a very small island called South Water Caye - a 45 minute boat ride from the mainland. We were looking for seahorses and their habitat around mangroves. During sunset time, I took a walk along the beach alone to the south edge of the island. I was just looking at the expanse of the ocean and thinking. That's when I saw my first Manta Ray jump out of the water not too far out from the shoreline. This giant sea eagle was amazing. When you see something like that, you can never really describe your feelings but I can tell you I was over-the-moon in that moment. Today, it's a faded memory but I can still picture it in my mind.

When the coin arrives, I'll post pictures. Just enjoying the process and anticipating this beautiful coin.

10920906_10152935638787860_2787547542696920662_n.jpg?oh=7447deef8e92866a98e0b6f854f83ff9&oe=552E657F&__gda__=1433358532_242e40250e0c30ce098861609d47e7c0

I haven't produced a new design in quite some time, so if you aren't on Facebook and you haven't see what's coming up in 2015, here's a sneak peek. This is in production now :) The back side is a surprise.

A little history on the Manta Ray design. In 2007 when I did my study abroad in Belize, I spent one week doing a portion of the study doing a biological study on a very small island called South Water Caye - a 45 minute boat ride from the mainland. We were looking for seahorses and their habitat around mangroves. During sunset time, I took a walk along the beach alone to the south edge of the island. I was just looking at the expanse of the ocean and thinking. That's when I saw my first Manta Ray jump out of the water not too far out from the shoreline. This giant sea eagle was amazing. When you see something like that, you can never really describe your feelings but I can tell you I was over-the-moon in that moment. Today, it's a faded memory but I can still picture it in my mind.

When the coin arrives, I'll post pictures. Just enjoying the process and anticipating this beautiful coin.

10920906_10152935638787860_2787547542696920662_n.jpg?oh=7447deef8e92866a98e0b6f854f83ff9&oe=552E657F&__gda__=1433358532_242e40250e0c30ce098861609d47e7c0

You never sease to amaze with your ideas.... This will be a winner!! B)

Is it trackable?

All of Tsun's other coins are trackable, either on the coin itself or an attached Tsunrisebey tag, so I'd assume this one is too.

I'd be interested to know whether the Manta Ray itself will have the tracking number on it or whether it would be tagged, though.

Either way, nice design.

:)

Edit:

Plus I've just realised it says "Trackable / Unique Icon" in the subtitle of the initial post. I didn't notice that there before. :)

Edited by Pan314159

More details on the sale:

Presale: Will be open on Sunday, April 26th at 8:30AM MST (Mountain Standard Time - Montana). When the geocoins are gone, they are gone. These versions will not be minted again. Here is what will be available:

$15.25 *Single Order: 75 Black and White Manta Ray - Nickel

$15.25 *Single Order: 75 Red and Black Manta Ray - Gold

$45.75 *3 Pack w/LE - 75 Packs - includes: 1 Black and White - Nickel, 1 Red and Black - Gold, 1 Turquoise - Nickel, 1- 18" black leather cord necklace, 1- 4" nickel ball chain

+ shipping which is based on actual weight.

Total minting #'s

150 Black and White

150 Red and Black

75 Turquoise

(***these color/metals become retired in geocoin form)

Geocoin is 1.75mm in diameter with 3 jump rings, one attaches the tail. Tracking # will be engraved on the tail.

tsun :)

Edited by tsunrisebey

More details on the sale:

Presale: Will be open on Sunday, April 26th at 8:30 MST (Mountain Standard Time - Montana).

*snippy*

8:30 AM or PM?

CF30

In a note on FB she says - it will be AM ... which I 'believe' is MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) - not MST.

Unless it changes, that should be 7:30 Pacific, 8:30 Mountain, 9:30 Central and 10:30 Eastern ...

Arizona is the only Western State that I know of that does not use 'Daylight Saving' time as their 'standard' ... but maybe someone could verify this ... :lostsignal:

Read the description on the webpage. Does not say if there is a limit to the number of 3-coin sets one person can order. Or even the single coins .... ??

???

I didn't set a limit. I find most of my customers are just happy to get a set/coin for their collection and they are good. A few others pick up an extra or two for trading/selling purposes. tsun

Read the description on the webpage. Does not say if there is a limit to the number of 3-coin sets one person can order. Or even the single coins .... ??

???

I didn't set a limit. I find most of my customers are just happy to get a set/coin for their collection and they are good. A few others pick up an extra or two for trading/selling purposes. tsun

Thanks for the clarification !!

Wasn't sure since the quantity is limited for this set with no remints ...

I have a newbie question about geocoins... do the coins need to be anything special? Like stamped with a serial number? I have gotten my dad interested in Geocaching and he wants to set off a military coin. Is there any info or threads anyone can recommend on how to do this? I have personally never even come across a geocoin, so I'm not sure what the rules are (besides what is on the Geocaching Geocoin FAQ page). Thanks!

I have a newbie question about geocoins... do the coins need to be anything special? Like stamped with a serial number? I have gotten my dad interested in Geocaching and he wants to set off a military coin. Is there any info or threads anyone can recommend on how to do this? I have personally never even come across a geocoin, so I'm not sure what the rules are (besides what is on the Geocaching Geocoin FAQ page). Thanks!

I would recomend to open a new topic here in the geocoin group with your question.

This topic only refers to a special geocoin. I am sure that you will then get answers.