Where are you from?

tneigel

Hi,

Just wondering where people are from (in this Northeast category). I'm from Central New Jersey (Route 195).

It was clear when I started that the southern half of New Jersey below 195 is mostly untapped. The caches already there are all very good. I've been adding many caches in various places and hope it attracts more cachers. The count is growing. Why don't you come out to southern Jersey and log some caches.

Anyone interested in a cache event of some sort? (A cache day, picnic, etc.)

Tom

quote:
Originally posted by tneigel:

Hi,

Just wondering where people are from (in this Northeast category). I'm from Central New Jersey (Route 195).

growing. Why don't you come out to southern Jersey and log some caches.

Northern NJ here. Near the highest numbered exit on the parkway.

Believe me, I'm trying. It's just that some of those South Jersey locations are close to 3 hours away from my place! But I have logged a good number of your caches below 195 even if I didn't get to all of them.

Well there are several new hides out there in the pines as of today. Will place 2-3 more on monday. Come and get them. Seems you guys are coming from up north. I am thinking about having an informal picnic at my house (by rt 195). People can stop by for a break and have a hot dog or something. Big 2 acre lot, with lots of picnic benches and chairs and a firestand for cold days. People can stop in anytime of the day. Any interest? We'll see.

Tom

Team ECO Cache

Would like to say Hello to all. The team is from the Bronx, on the border of Yonkers and Riverdale.

See alot of new folks here. Would like to welcome you all. the team has been very busy lately, we haven't been able to enjoy this sport for the past few months now. But next month we will be on the ball again.

So again welcome all and enjoy.

I live nowhere near the turnpike or parkway and have to travel 20 to 30 mins. to get on to an interstate. Luckily i live in Hunterdon County and there are several caches hidden here and in nearby Bucks County, PA. I would be interested in a caching event somewhere in the region.

Hi;

I am from Camden County NJ just over the Ben Franklin bridge from Philly. Just getting started with 3 finds but I will be venturing out in the spring and placing some caches in Camden, Burlington, Ocean, Atlantic and Philadelphia (PA) counties soon.

Geece

So ArtfulD, I've been wondering about this since I read your post at 2am........which is better NJ or South Africa?

Last night in the chat room the ? was posed "Where do you wish you were?". Would you like to be back in South Africa?

I had 1 person from South Africa sign up for the geoquilt...sent out the blocks but never heard from him again......You had a blocks right?

anyway......

Dx

There in the sunshine are my highest aspirations...

I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them

and try to follow where they lead.

LMAlcott

quote:
Originally posted by DxChallenged:

So ArtfulD, I've been wondering about this since I read your post at 2am........which is better NJ or South Africa?

Hi Debbie

I try and go back to SA once a year to visit family and friends but that might slow down or stop as my only sibling and her family are immigrating to New Zealand. My Mom will join her in a few years. South Africa has the best, sunny weather in the world bar none (my opinion icon_wink.gif ) which I miss the most. The land is beautiful and some of the people friendly. Its really worth it for US tourists to visit there. Good value for money. Great food, scenic open spaces etc.

Apart from that, crime is very high! Standards have been lowered, material things are very expensive. Education is becoming sub-standard and people live in electrified barbed wire fortresses (no lie!) Very simple things you take for granted (like letting your children walk in the park) are no longer viable without being afraid of being mugged etc. etc. icon_mad.gif

One of the most important things a parent can teach their children is just how great they have it here in the good old US of A!

9929_700.jpg

quote:

Hi Debbie

I try and go back to SA once a year to visit family and friends but that might slow down or stop as my only sibling and her family are immigrating to New Zealand. My Mom will join her in a few years. South Africa has the best, sunny weather in the world bar none (my opinion icon_wink.gif ) which I miss the most. The land is beautiful and some of the people friendly. Its really worth it for US tourists to visit there. Good value for money. Great food, scenic open spaces etc.

Apart from that, crime is very high! Standards have been lowered, material things are very expensive. Education is becoming sub-standard and people live in electrified barbed wire fortresses (no lie!) Very simple things you take for granted (like letting your children walk in the park) are no longer viable without being afraid of being mugged etc. etc. icon_mad.gif

One of the most important things a parent can teach their children is just how great they have it here in the good old US of A!

9929_700.jpg

Ok so this is still off topic but New Zealand. Man you could check out the awesome caches that I've heard about!! That's where the LOTR was filmed right.......

I know what you mean about thankfulness contrast to the awesome beauty of another land. I spent 7 weeks in Bogota, Columbia. What an awesome place!! Rainforest, tropical green, genuine people and a love of anything American...even bleach! But the downside was that 3 presidential canidates were exicuited while I was there. And I got really used to seeing tanks going down the street and large guns held by camo guys at every turn...After a while I just felt that the guns were there to make me feel safe. But I so missed the freedom that we take for granted!

Dx

There in the sunshine are my highest aspirations...

I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them

and try to follow where they lead.

LMAlcott

[This message was edited by DxChallenged on March 20, 2002 at 12:58 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

I'm the next town south of Floopy. Same exit.

icon_cool.gif

As for a cche day or picnic.....Let me know when and where.

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

----------------------------------------------

Next town south of Harrald....maybe 2 towns. Exit 168.

I want to log some caches all over the place!

My friend, Kar2n101 and I, just got into geocaching and are looking to do some serious hunting. We found our first one on friday in the cold rain romping through the wet snow in rifle camp park!

Krs (Team Shibby)

quote:
Originally posted by Harrald:

I'm the next town south of Floopy. Same exit.

icon_cool.gif

As for a cche day or picnic.....Let me know when and where.

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

----------------------------------------------

Next town south of Harrald....maybe 2 towns. Exit 168.

I want to log some caches all over the place!

My friend, Kar2n101 and I, just got into geocaching and are looking to do some serious hunting. We found our first one on friday in the cold rain romping through the wet snow in rifle camp park!

Krs (Team Shibby)

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

Congratulations, that was one of my caches! (I'm from exit 154.)

Hi Dodger, I'm trying to log the Where's In A Name Cache and my coordinates (both long. and lat.) run through South Africa. Just wondering if you have any old friends, who are Geocachers there that you are in touch with. Among the cities near my lines are Bloemfontein, Bisho, Queenstown,

Bethlehem, Kurman and Vereenigingn.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Hi Dodger, I'm trying to log the Where's In A Name Cache and my coordinates (both long. and lat.) run through South Africa. Just wondering if you have any old friends, who are Geocachers there that you are in touch with. Among the cities near my lines are Bloemfontein, Bisho, Queenstown,

Hmmm. Tricky.... icon_rolleyes.gif I just know geocachers from the Cape Town area and none of those cities are near there.

I suggest you go to the South African forum and Peter Scholtz and Co. will help you icon_wink.gif Us South Africans are a helpful bunch icon_razz.gif

9929_1400.gif

[This message was edited by The Artful Dodger on March 20, 2002 at 06:59 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Hmmm. Tricky.... icon_rolleyes.gif I just know geocachers from the Cape Town area and none of those cities are near there.

I suggest you go to the South African forum and Peter Scholtz and Co. will help you icon_wink.gif Us South Africans are a helpful bunch icon_razz.gif

9929_1400.gif

[This message was edited by The Artful Dodger on March 20, 2002 at 06:59 PM.]

Location: Somers Point on the coast near Longport and Ocean City in southern NJ. I have been fortunate to find a few caches by tneigel through this area and in the Pine Barrens. I'm sure the Geocachers nearby would enjoy the quiet isolation and challenging quest for tneigel caches hidden among the "pines".

quote:

Ok so this is still off topic but New Zealand. Man you could check out the awesome caches that I've heard about!! That's where the LOTR was filmed right.......

I'd be interested to know which caches those were, coming from NZ, and having done most of my caching here icon_wink.gif

We have been hunting down in our spare time filming locations, but many of the these are on private land icon_frown.gif But there is still intentions to do a series of caches throughout the country located as close as practical to the filming locations. It's going to be quite an effort to cover them all!

I'm really hoping I get the chance to come over to the North East and do some caching around there this summer. Just gotta wait for the OK now...

Cheers Gav

quote:

I'd be interested to know which caches those were, coming from NZ, and having done most of my caching here icon_wink.gif

We have been hunting down in our spare time filming locations, but many of the these are on private land icon_frown.gif But there is still intentions to do a series of caches throughout the country located as close as practical to the filming locations. It's going to be quite an effort to cover them all!

I'm really hoping I get the chance to come over to the North East and do some caching around there this summer. Just gotta wait for the OK now...

Cheers Gav

Gee - only the second one from PA to answer, and it's only a stone's throw from the other...

Hello Tymber! I am up here in Bally, right in the center of town. (That's between Pottstown and Allentown, for the rest of you.)

We cruised through your area last week on the way to one of the Reading caches.

I'm from Bellefonte, which means "beautiful fountain". It's practically the geographical center of the state! I wish I was in the geographical center of PA cache locations!

Come visit us here. We have some great caches and the best area for outdoor activities in the state. icon_cool.gif

goldfish.gif

"Only when the last tree is cut,

and the last stream is polluted,

and the last fish is caught,

will we realize that you can't eat the money"

I'm from Bellefonte, which means "beautiful fountain". It's practically the geographical center of the state! I wish I was in the geographical center of PA cache locations!

Come visit us here. We have some great caches and the best area for outdoor activities in the state. icon_cool.gif

goldfish.gif

"Only when the last tree is cut,

and the last stream is polluted,

and the last fish is caught,

will we realize that you can't eat the money"