How do I upload a batch of finds

triggerfish

Hi,

This question is basically two in one...

1 - Is it possible to log a set of found caches by uploading a file of some format to the geocaching.com site?

2 - Is it even allowed to do so?

Why I ask?

My wife and I are getting divorced. We used to cache mostly together, so most of "my" finds are basically "her" finds also. She wants to set up her own account and I would like to get her the finds she found with me. There is nothing to stop her from logging them manually, but there are more than just a few...

Thanx, Peter

Hi,

This question is basically two in one...

1 - Is it possible to log a set of found caches by uploading a file of some format to the geocaching.com site?

2 - Is it even allowed to do so?

Why I ask?

My wife and I are getting divorced. We used to cache mostly together, so most of "my" finds are basically "her" finds also. She wants to set up her own account and I would like to get her the finds she found with me. There is nothing to stop her from logging them manually, but there are more than just a few...

Thanx, Peter

You can upload from a GPS, but those have to be logged into a GPS to start with, so if you didn't do that, you're in the same position. There is a way to do it with GSAK or project gc or one of those things, but you still need to enter which caches you found, and I think it will only do the same log for every cache.

When you do it, remember to say what happened so the CO knows. Something like "I found this under a shared account, and now I'm logging my own account"

I see you have GSAK.

It can be done with GSAK and the special My Finds PQ.

There is a thread over in the GSAK forums (or start a new one) where all can be explained.

I think that you can add new comments, rather than the comments already logged...

But, best to ask in the GSAK forums. (Does log them all to the correct date, which saves a LOT of bother!)

And, yes, as said above, best to add something along the lines of "Re-logging with new account"

Thanks for the answers. I do use gsak, so I will check that path. I also like the suggestion to mention they are logged from another account. I will do that also. I can select the caches without any problem. They are the ones that have my wife's name in the logs and selecting them is not a problem.

Best regards, Peter