COINTEST- COT2015 Chasing Power? or....

rickctroop13

A season-long Fantasy auto (NASCAR) Yahoo league.

League is registering now...

NA$CAR cut horsepower and tweaked suspensions and aerodynamics to bring back safe and sane speeds and keep the cars even more equal (guess they like having to put someone in wall to make a pass)so drivers may start wondering if they're dragging their toolbox behind them.

A) League will be open to anyone, but password sent via email upon request- email to include team name AND GC name.I won't 'share' your info and you can remain hidden on group roster... but as Commissioner it's a lot easier than guessing 'who's who?' if needed. Email me through my profile as I don't think to look for board PMs often.

B) Same prize method

Prize coins sent to me by 3rd race, I'll distribute at end of season. This would facilitate doing following to keep a bit more interest/incentive through season:

C) Prizes to top finishers depending on number of players,first 5 go to winner then add prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Winner always gets at least 2X 2nd place; 2nd at least 2X 3rd. Keep the game interesting for those who stumble. Also, I'll add a trackable prize for segment winners.

D) Will go with majority on using 'Lucky Dog' option Don't know if anyone else had issues, but I had some roster issues when I'd set up a few weeks at a time for vacations (anybody else?)

E) Will retain tie breaker system from last 2 years.

PULL THEM BELTS TIGHT AND GET READY TO PUSH THAT RIGHT FOOT (LITERALLY THIS YEAR?)THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS

A season-long Fantasy auto (NASCAR) Yahoo league.

League is registering now...

NA$CAR cut horsepower and tweaked suspensions and aerodynamics to bring back safe and sane speeds and keep the cars even more equal (guess they like having to put someone in wall to make a pass)so drivers may start wondering if they're dragging their toolbox behind them.

A) League will be open to anyone, but password sent via email upon request- email to include team name AND GC name.I won't 'share' your info and you can remain hidden on group roster... but as Commissioner it's a lot easier than guessing 'who's who?' if needed. Email me through my profile as I don't think to look for board PMs often.

B) Same prize method

Prize coins sent to me by 3rd race, I'll distribute at end of season. This would facilitate doing following to keep a bit more interest/incentive through season:

C) Prizes to top finishers depending on number of players,first 5 go to winner then add prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. Winner always gets at least 2X 2nd place; 2nd at least 2X 3rd. Keep the game interesting for those who stumble. Also, I'll add a trackable prize for segment winners.

D) Will go with majority on using 'Lucky Dog' option Don't know if anyone else had issues, but I had some roster issues when I'd set up a few weeks at a time for vacations (anybody else?)

E) Will retain tie breaker system from last 2 years.

PULL THEM BELTS TIGHT AND GET READY TO PUSH THAT RIGHT FOOT (LITERALLY THIS YEAR?)THROUGH THE FLOORBOARDS

Got a note this morning to select my drivers, I pick a 1 wood then realized what they were referring to :P Geocoin is in the mail!

Good luck! and here's to eating my dust :ph34r:

Only 7 teams this year, so prize breakdown is 5 coins for 1st, and 2 for 2nd.

If there's unanimous approval (with Skidmarx[me] & Outagas[my son] abstaining)would go to 4-2-1 so 3rd gets a coin. In either case, I'll throw a trackable tag, added to the winner's 4 if 'yes' or sent to the 3rd place if 'no'.

Just send me an email "Yay" or "Nay", other than to me voting will be anonymous- I'll just post Yay or Nay when I have the 5 votes in.

Thanks to all for another great season, full of fun and heartache, leading up to the annual donation of coins to Glen's inventory! you'd think by now I'd have sense enough to pre-print labels or have a random 5 players send coins directly!

Watch for sign ups on February for a SEVENTH! go round- got a couple of months to think up a tag line...

Prizes will be out after the turkey...

Congrats to Kensay !!!!! You had a much more consistent season than the rest of us. I'm still trying to figure out why my summer session was so lousy. But that's racing !!!

Just curious - Any others here actually go to races? I go to both Pocono races. Rickctroop13 probably goes to New Hampshire? Anyone else?

I'm ready to go again next year, but a couple of months break would be nice. No IndyCar, no Nascar, Formula 1 ends this weekend. Ahhhh, there's still Formula E.

I'm definitely interested in playing again. I look forward to this league every year. That being said, I think I might owe one of the winners a coin from last season. I'm not certain if I sent a coin or not at the beginning of the year so I sent rick an email after the season ended asking if I owed a coin but I didn't get a response.

Anyone going to play this year?

I just created a league if anyone wants to join.

Group ID #11177

Password: geocoin

How about the usual one unactivated geocoin buy-in. Lucky Dog drops worst week per segment.

Please message me where to send my coin. Boy, it's been some real nail biters so far this year, huh? Good Racing!

Congrats to the first segment winner Kiss of Death / PaRacerKim. Trackable award was sent, did you receive it?

I did! Thank you for the very cool racer trackable! Sorry for the late reply - I have not visited these forums in some time. Congrats on the segment 2 win Maui Motos, it's been an exciting season and now we're really getting down to it! I just hope the all the rules don't take away from the action. I like "Let's go racin' boys"!

Yes, CONGRATS to PaRacerKim for another good year. I sank to the bottom once again. But there's always next year. Thanks to Maui Motos for his efforts as the Commish. I'm ready to go at it again next year. May be able to drag some other coiners along with me, I hope. Please keep it going. PaRacerKim - I have your trackable award for winning the playoff segment. Will get that in the mail over the weekend. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Congrats to PaRacerKim for winning the championship this year. It was close the last few races which made every race exciting. I finally got to watch the final Chase race live this year, as I had been on trips the past two years. Exciting stuff! PaRacerKim, could you email me your shipping address and I'll get the coins out to you ASAP.

I received a nice heavy mailer today full of shiney geocoins. Thank you everyone for your beautiful coins! The personal coins and pathtags were a nice touch as well. I also got a neat trackable racer tag from Slowdownracer which I think is a pretty cool prize for a race cointest. I was getting pretty burnt out with Nascar in general until we started the Cointest 3 years ago. Selecting drivers for my roster each week caused renewed interest in the sport even if at times it seemed I couldn't catch a break. That's why I changed my name to "Kiss of Death" this year. It seemed last year if I picked a driver, he was doomed for a tough race.

Thanks again Maui Motos for keeping the Fantasy Nascar Cointest going. I hope we can get enough interest stirred up to do it again next year.

See ya next season!

PaRacers

Edited by PaRacers

I received a nice heavy mailer today full of shiney geocoins. Thank you everyone for your beautiful coins! The personal coins and pathtags were a nice touch as well. I also got a neat trackable racer tag from Slowdownracer which I think is a pretty cool prize for a race cointest. I was getting pretty burnt out with Nascar in general until we started the Cointest 3 years ago. Selecting drivers for my roster each week caused renewed interest in the sport even if at times it seemed I couldn't catch a break. That's why I changed my name to "Kiss of Death" this year. It seemed last year if I picked a driver, he was doomed for a tough race.

Thanks again Maui Motos for keeping the Fantasy Nascar Cointest going. I hope we can get enough interest stirred up to do it again next year.

See ya next season!

PaRacers

Glad everything got there safe and sound! Nice story about how this geocoin league got you back into watching NASCAR. This league is the reason I started watching NASCAR in the first place. Here in Hawaii, I'd say very few people actually watch NASCAR so I grew up not watching it. But now with the league, it sure is fun to watch every weekend and root for your drivers. When I get the renewal email sometime in February I'll send the renewal email to you all. Hopefully we can get a few more "drivers" for our league. Congrats again to PaRacers!

f

Should we start a new thread for Fantasy Nascar Geocoin Cointest 2017? Maybe we could get more involvement by stirring it up a bit, don't you think? Spread the word!

I'll start up the league soon as I've been seeing Daytona commercials which was a good reminder. I'll start a new thread as well. Thanks!

I thought there might be a way to renew the league but it looks like I have to set up a new one and then re-invite the owners.

Here's the league ID: 4662 (2017 Coiners League)

Password is 2017geocoin

I'll set up a new thread soon.

Edited by Mauison

Congrats to Kiss of Death - PARACERKIM - for winning the first segment. If your address is the same as the last time I sent you your segment winner trackable, I will have your winner trackable for this segment in the mail ASAP. Email me thru the forums. I'm off to Pocono Raceway this weekend. Who should I pick?