Trying to log a Wherigo as complete but do not have the file to upload

doc73

So, I completed my first Wherigo the other day. It was fun and strange because I had NO IDEA what was going to happen in the app I just went out and rolled with it. Well after figuring out a few things I made the trek completing the journey and making the find of the final cache location provided while completing the cartridge. I logged it on GC as a find but when I went to load the GWS file on Wherigo as well there was not one on my phone. It is an android S5. I saved all along my way as did the app automatically. In the folder (actually labeled as "whereyougo") I have a .bak, .ows, .gwl, .log, and .gwc file extensions no GWS. I also did not get an unlock code... I do not thing at least since, again, I just rolled with it in the field. Am I missing something? Thanks.

To my knowledge, save files on the cell phone players aren't compatible with Groundspeak's site. The cartridge's author usually determines if he or she will show the unlock/completion code. Since completing a cartridge doesn't have an effect or do anything on Groundspeak's site, I think authors have been less than diligent in making sure their cartridges can be completed. That's understandable.

If you'd still like to unlock the cartridge, please email me off list with the cartridge you played and I'll give you some instructions and a completion code. Though it's easy to find the cartridge's completion code, I'm trying to keep that knowledge off the forum so as not to disappoint cartridge authors. As I said, I'll provide you with a completion code for that cartridge; I won't show you how to find it.

thank you for your response. Being that this is my first Wherigo I thought I was messing something up when I could not find the file. I do not need to unlock the cartridge I just was not sure if that was the proper procedure. I have logged it on the Geocaching.com website just did not know how important it was to also log it on the Wherigo website.

There is no completion for this Cartridge it is open ended... At least I am pretty sure I put no coding in the cartridge to say it was complete and I did not check the box about logging...

There he is! OK that helps. Thanks, I enjoyed the journey sir! Just was not sure what was next with all this. Thanks to you all for the replys.