FLUXcapacitor LED coin

yanagi

There is a presale for a new coin: FLUX Capacitor.

310_1.jpg310_2.jpg310_3.jpg

There are 3 versions:

- Original Edition: Satin Silver / white LED / Travel to date: Oct 21 2015 (neon orange)

- 1st Geocache LE: Satin Gold / yellow LED / Travel to date: May 03 2000 (neon bright red)

- Custom Edition: Satin Silver / blue LED / Travel to date: your own choice! (neon green)

Link to presale: presale

Description taken from the web site mygeocoin.de:

About this coin:

Do these quotes ring a bell? ...

Lorraine Baines: Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.

~~~

Dr. Emmett Brown: Then tell me, future boy, who's President of the United States in 1985?

Marty McFly: Ronald Reagan.

Dr. Emmett Brown: Ronald Reagan? The actor?

~~~

Younger Dr. Emmett Brown: [running out of the room] 1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!

Yes, it's THE movie of my childhood: Back to the future!

30 years ago Marty and Doc Brown decided to travel to the future and they arrived on October, 21st 2015. I still remember that I thought "I will be old at that time". (Of course I am not old now! )

On the one hand this coin gives me food for thought, on the other hand I am very happy about the memories with VHS tapes and birthday parties when we were allowed to watch this movie in the livingroom-cinema. Maybe you are on the same wavelength like me and Carsten (glider74) who gave the inspiration for this coin and who still dreams of his own flux capacitor ;-)

I was already thinking about how cool it would be to have a geocoin with a working electronic circuit in it and having a coin to celebrate Marty's arrival in 2015 on October the 21th and it seems i was not the only one.

Great coin theme and design. I am looking forward seeing them for real !

got 2 custom date coins ordered...the day of our first date, and the date we got engaged...with a little help of a special delorean, maybe I could get the future date of our wedding !

ILYK

ILYL

I don't get the Oct 5, 1582 reference...

That was when they switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, and when the switch happened it needed the 10 days after 4th October that year to be skipped. So there has never been any such day.

5th October 1582 never happened.

:)

There's a whole bunch of time-travel sci-fi that say those 10 days DID happen, but were later "deleted" from the timeline.

Edited by Pan314159

I wanted the May coin. but it tells me it is out of stock. :(

Looks like the May 2000 LE has sold out, but I had an idea... You could order one of the custom ones, and just use the May 2000 date? It would be the same date as the LE, but even more limited since it would have the blue LED...

That was when they switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, and when the switch happened it needed the 10 days after 4th October that year to be skipped. So there has never been any such day.

There's a whole bunch of time-travel sci-fi that say those 10 days DID happen, but were later "deleted" from the timeline.

Thanks for the info, Pan!

Great Scott!, This is an example of how to continue a friendly, civil conversation, not yelling at someone to look it up themselves.

Thanks for the info, Pan!

Great Scott!, This is an example of how to continue a friendly, civil conversation, not yelling at someone to look it up themselves.

You're welcome. :)

I decided to go for a sci-fi future date for my custom coin.

The other date I considered was 5th November 1955.

That was the first date Marty traveled back to in the first BTTF film, and also the day Doc hit his head and got the inspiration to build the Flux Capacitor in the first place.