Logging stories

FraZzledSu

Is it a story related to a geocache you found? Then log it on the geocache page as a find or note.

If it has nothing to do with geocaching, then I suggest google docs.

Isn't there a way to also log private notes along with a find post? I never did it, but I thought I heard that there's a way.

Or tell the story online here!

Is it a story related to a geocache you found? Then log it on the geocache page as a find or note.

If it has nothing to do with geocaching, then I suggest google docs.

Isn't there a way to also log private notes along with a find post? I never did it, but I thought I heard that there's a way.

Or tell the story online here!

There's the "Personal Cache Note" right above the "GEOCACHE DESCRIPTION" on the cache page. No one sees that but the account that entered it. I use it for notes on half-solved puzzles, etc.

If it's a good story, though, share it!

As Sapience Trek says, the best place to tell such a story is in the logs for both caches and TBs. That's what they're for. There's a limit to how much you can put in each log -- I'm told -- but that just reminds you to be concise and focus on which parts of the story apply to which caches.

The other place on the site to relate a story is in your profile page.

If you just want to remember it rather than publish it, then the personal notes area people have mentioned might work, although it's size is even more limited.

As others have said, once you get beyond that, the answer is that you write up your geocaching story wherever you write up any other kind of story.

Thanks so much for your help, sorry I may have stepped on some toes for asking a simple question. I'm new to this all and appreciate all the suggestions.The story is a personal story about a perfect stranger willing to help us find our cache, his family heartships and our conversations at the time. We enjoyed talking with him and teaching him the little we know about geocaching and we hope someday that Jake can take his grandson geocaching also. Jake was the one that actually found the cache and it was a delight to see his beaming face when he knocked a hollow sound in the bramble and I said Jake listen to that sound...that is the cache. I will never forget Jake.

Edited by FraZzledSu

Thanks so much for your help, sorry I may have stepped on some toes for asking a simple question. I'm new to this all and appreciate all the suggestions.The story is a personal story about a perfect stranger willing to help us find our cache, his family heartships and our conversations at the time. We enjoyed talking with him and teaching him the little we know about geocaching and we hope someday that Jake can take his grandson geocaching also. Jake was the one that actually found the cache and it was a delight to see his beaming face when he knocked a hollow sound in the bramble and I said Jake listen to that sound...that is the cache. I will never forget Jake.

If I were the owner of that cache I would love to see that story posted in your "found it" log. I've posted "stories" in logs that required me to add a note, in addition to the "found it" log in order to tell the entire story and I know others in my area that do the same thing. So put it in your log.

If I were the owner of that cache I would love to see that story posted in your "found it" log. I've posted "stories" in logs that required me to add a note, in addition to the "found it" log in order to tell the entire story and I know others in my area that do the same thing. So put it in your log.

Yep, a fine story that others will enjoy reading.

Take heart: there was nothing in any of the replies that indicated to me that anyone was less than thrilled with the question. Well asked, and easily answered. And now that you've explained, the bottom line is that this is definitely exactly the kind of thing you should put in a log. We all want to know all about such adventures.