No Owner-Logs for own caches via mail

capsai

You know, when a cache-owner write a log (note, disable listing, enable listing) on its own cache, the owner gets the typical email.

In my opinion, this is a little bit nonsensical and should be stopped, because an owner knows what he wrote, so he didn't need this again via email.

You know, when a cache-owner write a log (note, disable listing, enable listing) on its own cache, the owner gets the typical email.

In my opinion, this is a little bit nonsensical and should be stopped, because an owner knows what he wrote, so he didn't need this again via email.

While I agree it seems silly, I'm not sure the cost/time it would take to write that check into the code is worth it.

Edited by Panther&Pine

While I agree it seems silly, I'm not sure the cost/time it would take to write that check into the code is worth it.

I'm not a programmer, but a guy working in IT, but i think implementing a query like "IF Log from Cache-Owner, THEN don't send mail" shouldn't be that difficult.

I like it when I receive those.

It lets me know that whatever I intended to do, happened.

I also use that as a chance to re read what I wrote to make sure I didn't make any weird spelling errors.

Once I realized I'd dropped myself off in a cache instead of a visit! And I put the car in the cache too. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't get copies of my ownemails on caches/trackables that I own.

I like it when I receive those.

It lets me know that whatever I intended to do, happened.

Yeah, I like getting the confirmation, too. In addition, I can file the e-mail in my records so I can find it if I want to look it up by action instead by going through the geocaching logs.

It also insures you see anything someone else did with your account, in case that happens.

So I don't consider it illogical at all. Since such notes are so rare, I can't even imagine someone seeing it as a nuisance.

I also use that as a chance to re read what I wrote to make sure I didn't make any weird spelling errors.

Oh, yeah, that, too. In addition to rereading it, it also gives me a chance to check to make sure I made it the right kind of log, filed it against the right cache, and stuff like that.

Does the time for this thread factor into the equation? I guess we're investing time to (try to) save time.