NHRP - Contributing Buildings

iconions

I am ALMOST ready to get my first 1k posting category - Contributing Buildings for the National Register Districts. I'm almost at 900, but have several Districts I need to process from backlogged pictures. I'm feeling REALLY good about myself, so I started looking at other people's postings in the category, since there is less than 8000. I knew Bruce had a LOT, but WHOA, almost 2k of those Contributing waymarks are his. I knew he had a bunch, but had no clue. Again, I REALLY appreciate BruceS's contribution to Waymarking and to my growth as a waymarker. (At least as of yesterday I have just over a 1000 postings to catch up! :laughing: ) I'm hoping to see lots of Contributing Buildings coming across the approval queue from BruceS in 2015! Next thing I'll think that I'm starting to catch him on Missouri postings - I've gotta quit whatever is giving me these crazy ideas!

Ho! Yep, this is a category where one can rack up some numbers, but they are good numbers representing nuggets of history. Some historic districts have hundreds of contributing buildings. There are at least several in Massachusetts with thousands! Trying to find an inventory of them is often the challenge though. Of course right now they are all buried under about eight feet of snow. Boston has set all-time records for snow fall this month, and did that in about two weeks!

You're doing a great job with your historic buildings, so keep it up! Bruce has had to slack off a bit, but is still getting a lot of exercise on his bike.

Ho! Yep, this is a category where one can rack up some numbers, but they are good numbers representing nuggets of history. Some historic districts have hundreds of contributing buildings. There are at least several in Massachusetts with thousands! Trying to find an inventory of them is often the challenge though. Of course right now they are all buried under about eight feet of snow. Boston has set all-time records for snow fall this month, and did that in about two weeks!

You're doing a great job with your historic buildings, so keep it up! Bruce has had to slack off a bit, but is still getting a lot of exercise on his bike.

So I went out on my first Waymarking adventure of the year to the thriving metropolis of Pleasant Hill Missouri. Because of the cold weekends and truck troubles (now both fixed) I haven't been able to get out and about. Two observations -

1.) warm up a little bit after not walking all winter - I'm sore today and

2.) wear a hat if you're a bald guy like me. NOT fun getting a sunburn on top of the ole noggin...

I took 220 pictures in a District that had 56 buildings in it (3 have been torn down) - writeups to follow shortly!

I am ALMOST ready to get my first 1k posting category - Contributing Buildings for the National Register Districts. I'm almost at 900, but have several Districts I need to process from backlogged pictures.

And I got all puffed up when I hit 100.

Eating humble pie today...

Keith