automatic reminder e-mails to holders of trackables

ernies

i suggest that current holder of trackables (that are their own) receive automatically generated reminder e-mails by Groundspeak after a certain period (like 3 weeks, and the weekly) in order to remind them that they have coins/tbs that need to be dropped.

i have 100s of coins on their way and they often get forgot by the cachers and i have to remind them to get those trackables moving. these reminders help, but they should be done by Groundspeak. it should be a setting (checkbox) in the trackable listing.

thanks for your consideration.

No thanks. Nagging doesn't do much positive.

I generally check on my own trackables every six months or so. I've even misplaced my own coins, I as the holder don't need a reminder to do anything about it, they'll turn up eventually. Plus half my inventory is coins that never leave me- I don't need 12 emails tellin me I haven't been caching in a while (cold oh so cold right now in Colorado, plus the six days a week of work...)

An automatically generated system would only work if trackables were logged correctly (accurately showing who the last holder is).

That doesn't seem to happen often these days.

With a bunch of unvalidated players now using apps with "never" listed on their profiles (for never logging into the site), that email reminder goes nowhere.

True, nagging does little good and mostly bad.

Aside from those not verifying an email address, there appear to be many that never, ever respond (read?) their emails, anyway.

Quite possibly they sign up a free account so that it never conflicts with their "true", used account. Never to bother with it at all.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Look at how many cache owners come to the forums to ask "How can I stop the emails for the cache..?"

Easy enough to set up a separate email account and filter the emails. TB emails will get added... And there's another Groundspeak email not read, from a user with a valid email address.

Even if they accept the emails, there will be a point with enough emails about the TB, that they get fed up and throw out the TB, and claim they dropped it in a cache. Now what are you going to do?