Duplicating/Replacing Travel Bug Decals?

LestISmiteThee

Let's say a Travel Bug decal gets damaged, peels off, or gets stolen. You don't want to buy another code because you've got all those precious Geo-miles on the original code. Is there any way to get a replacement with the same tracking code?

I've tried contacting a couple online shops, including shop.Geoching.com, but none of them print the decals. I've also thought of buying some type of sticker paper and printing one out, but I'm not sure how well normal stickers handle being outdoors for years. Maybe I could go to a sign maker and get them to make a professional decal?

Has anyone tried to do this before? What type of medium are the official decals printed on?

Edited by LestISmiteThee

Let's say a Travel Bug decal gets damaged, peels off, or gets stolen. You don't want to buy another code because you've got all those precious Geo-miles on the original code. Is there any way to get a replacement with the same tracking code?

I've tried contacting a couple online shops, including shop.Geoching.com, but none of them print the decals. I've also thought of buying some type of sticker paper and printing one out, but I'm not sure how well normal stickers handle being outdoors for years. Maybe I could go to a sign maker and get them to make a professional decal?

Has anyone tried to do this before? What type of medium are the official decals printed on?

Sign makers can make a decal. I got a quote of $95. :yikes:

Ouch! Way more than I was hoping to spend :\

I FINALLY found a place that makes replacements for about $8 each: <commercial link removed by moderator>

Not sure it would still be better to buy vinyl decal paper and print them out myself.

Edited by Eartha
remove unauthorized link.

I can get them done for like $50 at most for a one off. Less for more of course, but what will I do with 20 TB decals with the same number? Anyway I got both mine done from Debbie does decals. About $20 with shipping. Less than 2 weeks to get it made and into Canada.

I make replacement tags using business card paper and laminate. If you can't laminate use wide clear tape.

And those must be some big business cards. And how do you get them to stick to your vehicle?

Edited by T.D.M.22

There is an online company that will make you a TB decal for your vehicle for about $10. You can supply the TB number.

PM sent

No any shop CAN’T make a Travel Bug decal. The image is a registered Trade mark of Groundspeak and usage requires the permission of Groundspeak.

You can make a Trackable replica yourself (this is personal use) but if you approach a company without a Groundspeak Licence to “print” the Travel Bug image and they produce this for profit this a Commercial sale and an infringement.

GS logo usage can be found here;

Logo usage

However NE Geocaching Supplies in the UK can do Custom decal and Magnetic clings. This company has a licence agreement with Groundspeak for manufacturing Travel Bug products.

Commercial link removed by moderator.

Geocoins.de in Germany also produce replacements

Edited by Eartha

However, you can use the common International Geocaching Logo with your trackable number, which can be made at any store/online shop that makes decals.

Most folks would recognize a decal with just the TB code too.

Here's one in color:

http://www.countrywives.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/geocash.jpg

For more examples, google "leatherman geocaching logo". That should do, especially with a tracking number.

Here's a "bug" I made. If you love it, and need a bigger version, or a vector version, or B/W or whatever, let me know.

I made a label design (recently, for Geocache container info stickers), and noticed I could fit at least eight of them on a "bumper sticker". I'm still pricing similar ideas, and will likely settle on a sheet containing a bunch of sizes, and cut them out myself. For a "Travel Bug" sticker, one of my plans would be to write its tracking number with a paint pen or other permanent marker. Or add vinyl letters.

New reply to an old thread, but you can get TB decals custom made with your existing TB code at <unauthorized link removed by moderator>

I have the Geocaching Hiker on my vehicle with the tracking numbers to my hiking stick medallion. B)

Edited by Eartha
remove unauthorized links.