trade my shotgun for a Garmin handheld.

Most pump shotguns are worth a good bit more than a used GPS, but still -- can you say what make/model of shotgun you have? I have a very serviceable Dakota 20 that isn't doing anything except collecting dust if you're interested.

However ....... depending upon where you live (e.g., California), you may find that all sales/transfers of this sort must legally be transacted through a licensed dealer -- or at a minimum, have paperwork filed for the transaction. Life isn't what it used to be (sigh). Be careful. You don't want to accidentally become some prosecutor's example-of-the-month.

Shipping can also be entertaining. For example, UPS won't accept shipment of any firearm between two unlicensed individuals, and I don't know about you, but I do not currently hold an FFL. The USPS handles it this way: "A non-licensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state." So between two unlicensed individuals, it needs to be an intra-state shipment.