protect trackables

westiemumma

I'm new to geocaching and notice that all the trackables near where I live are no longer in their caches. I would love to place some geocoins and was wondering if anyone uses the duple bug provided by coins and pins or have any other strategies to help there trackables not get stolen or if its just a chance you take?

I'm new to geocaching and notice that all the trackables near where I live are no longer in their caches. I would love to place some geocoins and was wondering if anyone uses the duple bug provided by coins and pins or have any other strategies to help there trackables not get stolen or if its just a chance you take?

It's the chance you take. I have about 60 activated ones and 14 out of the 15 I have released are missing. :(

I would us a duplicate/proxy if I ever release another. :anibad:

It's the chance you take. I have about 60 activated ones and 14 out of the 15 I have released are missing. :(

I would us a duplicate/proxy if I ever release another. :anibad:

so you would buy 2 and release one? Have you seen the duple bugs? do you think they are a good idea? they are sold buy coins and pins and are a separate tag you can release with the code of your geo coin on

The last geocoin that I bought had a proxy included with it. The proxy looks like the geocoin, only it is a flat AL disk with the coin's image and information on it.

I still buy geocoins for my collection, most will never be activated. At more than $10 a pop I'm not releasing any more to go missing.

It is easy to make a proxy, all you need is the tracking number. I have seen them made from photo copies, and some nice creative ones stamped from metal. It's rare to find a real one now days compared to five years ago.