Loading Pocket Queries

Outforawalk

You don't really need any program to download PQ's to the device. GSAK is a handy tool for customizing and manipulating your PQ results, but it is not necessary to simply load a PQ to your GPS.

When you receive your PQ, just save it somewhere on your computer where you'll know where to find it (I have a folder on my desktop just for this). Rename it something you'll recognize. Unzip the file, plug in your GPS, and simply drag the unzipped file over to the device. Done.

In addition to Chief301: drag the files to the \Garmin\GPX\ folder.

But you can continue using GSAK. When you update to the latest version the Monterra is natively supported.

AFTER moving to gpx file, then what?

That's it. Once you've copied the GPX file(s) to the \Garmin\GPX\ folder, turn on the device and it should see the caches.

But you can continue using GSAK. When you update to the latest version the Monterra is natively supported.

What do you mean by natively supported on GSAK there is no monterra download to

I think they mean exactly what they said.

The latest version of GSAK has Monterra as a GPS selection under Garmin, in the setup.

That's it. Once you've copied the GPX file(s) to the \Garmin\GPX\ folder, turn on the device and it should see the caches.

Thank you

Thank you

Just another thing to add, the Monterra needs to be power cycled for it to pick up the new GPX files. I read somewhere that you just restart the Garmin Outdoor app, but that doesn't work for me, I have to power off then back on. I've have had some strange issues where even after I power cycle there are no caches. I have power cycled again and then they show up.

I'll post another thread with my other Monterra GPX issues to avoid hijacking yours.