Trackables visiting Earthcaches

zannieandjazzy

So I should have done my research beforehand, but having picked up a trackable in England a week or so before going on holiday to Brazil, I thought I'd do its owner a mileage favour (the goal of the trackable) by taking it with me. Did two earthcaches in Brazil - but I can't work out how to say the trackable was with me. Is it not possible? I've looked at the support articles which suggest not, but some of them are dated several years ago and I know things change.

Fortunately, we will be able to drop it into a traditional cache in New Zealand or Singapore this month, so not a complete bust!

So I should have done my research beforehand, but having picked up a trackable in England a week or so before going on holiday to Brazil, I thought I'd do its owner a mileage favour (the goal of the trackable) by taking it with me. Did two earthcaches in Brazil - but I can't work out how to say the trackable was with me. Is it not possible? I've looked at the support articles which suggest not, but some of them are dated several years ago and I know things change.

Fortunately, we will be able to drop it into a traditional cache in New Zealand or Singapore this month, so not a complete bust!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/howtogeocoin.aspx

Some caches, like Earth caches, cannot act as containers for Geocoins. This option will not show up for these kinds of cache listings.

If the trackable is not in your inventory when you log the cache, then you can't log it. I thought that maybe a trackable could "visit" an Earthcache, but apparently not?

B.

It's all good! I've done it!! A friend of mine messaged me how - there is a visit box right at the bottom of the page, like in normal ones. For some reason it didn't show up on the mobile device I was using at the time, hence I've spent weeks googling for an answer, but when I tried again just now on a proper PC, there it was.

So excited - the owner is in a race with his sister to get the most mileage and we've been able to TREBLE its mileage. When we drop it off in our Southern Hemisphere caching, it will have increased it fivefold in the few weeks we've had it. Should be enough to beat the other one :lol:

It's all good! I've done it!! A friend of mine messaged me how - there is a visit box right at the bottom of the page, like in normal ones. For some reason it didn't show up on the mobile device I was using at the time, hence I've spent weeks googling for an answer, but when I tried again just now on a proper PC, there it was.

So excited - the owner is in a race with his sister to get the most mileage and we've been able to TREBLE its mileage. When we drop it off in our Southern Hemisphere caching, it will have increased it fivefold in the few weeks we've had it. Should be enough to beat the other one :lol:

Excellent!

So the Help Center is only talking about "drop" logs, not "visited" logs, regarding trackables and caches that don't have containers?

B.

Yes - so there is the "Action" drop down list at the bottom of the page and when you scroll down it gives you a "Visit" option, so that quote (which I'd also seen) is only applying to when you want to drop off a trackable.

No... If you go to the trackable's page it should show it as having visited the cache.