MA 351 town challenge

oldsoldier

Hey all, after a pretty long hiatus away, I am getting back into this again. When I was last active, there was a state challenge, where you would grab at least 1 cache from each town in this state to complete it. I think, at the time, there was a map so you could track your progress. If anyone has a link for this, or could point me to the original thread, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey all, after a pretty long hiatus away, I am getting back into this again. When I was last active, there was a state challenge, where you would grab at least 1 cache from each town in this state to complete it. I think, at the time, there was a map so you could track your progress. If anyone has a link for this, or could point me to the original thread, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Googled it and came up with:

GC48CR5 Massachusetts 351 Challenge

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC48CR5_massachusetts-351-challenge

is that the one?

B.

I've heard of county challenges, but not town challenges. There are a lot of towns in Massachusetts. Maybe someone has more info.

(See above. :rolleyes: )

Edited by wmpastor

Ah. Hmm... Sounds like a great challenge! There are 565 municipalities in New Jersey. (Down from 567.)

But many of them are quite small. Guttenberg is .24 Square mile. (I have two caches there!.) Victory Gardens is .15 SQ MI. (I've got one cache there!) But many of the smaller municipalities do not have any caches. East Newark, Tavistock , Pine Valley... Guess that challenge will not work here. Oh, well.

Ah. Hmm... Sounds like a great challenge! There are 565 municipalities in New Jersey. (Down from 567.)

But many of them are quite small. Guttenberg is .24 Square mile. (I have two caches there!.) Victory Gardens is .15 SQ MI. (I've got one cache there!) But many of the smaller municipalities do not have any caches. East Newark, Tavistock , Pine Valley... Guess that challenge will not work here. Oh, well.

Tavistock (population 5) is essentially just the golf course. Pine Valley (population 12) is frequently ranked as the best golf course in the world.

I don't see any geocaches getting placed in other of those "municipalities"

Tavistock (population 5) is essentially just the golf course. Pine Valley (population 12) is frequently ranked as the best golf course in the world.

I don't see any geocaches getting placed in other of those "municipalities"

Being a compendium of useless information, I knew that. :huh: I even tried to visit Pine Valley once (many decades ago), but there were no public roads!

New Jersey used to permit the formation of new municipalities for no good reason.

Teterboro is an airport and industrial area. Population 79, 1.5 sq mi. (The residents pay almost no property tax.)

Shrewsbury Township was one of the original townships in Monmouth County. But with the WWII housing build to workers at Fort Monmouth, the rest of the township seceded. (As opposed to Victory Gardens - housing for workers at Picatinny. Randolph Township kicked them out!

And I don't think there are any caches in Irvington. (Too dangerous?)

Oh, well. Guess we won't get such a challenge here in New Jersey...

Googled it and came up with:

GC48CR5 Massachusetts 351 Challenge

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC48CR5_massachusetts-351-challenge

is that the one?

B.

Thats the one! Thanks!

And I don't think there are any caches in Irvington. (Too dangerous?)

Once upon a time I would cut through Irvington on my way back and forth to work over at the airport. One day I learned that it wasn't really a smart thing to be doing. After that, I would only cut through there if it was raining out. The locals didn't hang around outside when it was raining.