Renew Membership

SCCS

I really don't like the way you try to "Renew your membership". Click on renew your membership by your screen name and it sends you to a page that treats you like you are signing up to be a premium member. I'm already one. Then get an email to confirm my membership and it says,"

Today at 8:54 AM

Welcome to Geocaching Premium!

Your membership not only gives you access to awesome new features like Offline Geocaching and Premium Geocaches; it also helps us keep improving the game we all love. Thanks and we hope you enjoy the new features.

Happy geocaching,

Geocaching HQ

I have been a premium member for a long time now, and they treat me like a newbie. Just had to vent.

I really don't like the way you try to "Renew your membership". Click on renew your membership by your screen name and it sends you to a page that treats you like you are signing up to be a premium member. I'm already one. Then get an email to confirm my membership and it says,"

Today at 8:54 AM

Welcome to Geocaching Premium!

Your membership not only gives you access to awesome new features like Offline Geocaching and Premium Geocaches; it also helps us keep improving the game we all love. Thanks and we hope you enjoy the new features.

Happy geocaching,

Geocaching HQ

I have been a premium member for a long time now, and they treat me like a newbie. Just had to vent.

One simple little process and email clearly illustrates the demonstrated mindset of Groundspeak: attract new customers rather than value the existing ones. Too bad they haven't figured out that it is possible to do both.

Yeah. I get that feeling too. I guess they're only interested in newbies. I've been a premium member for a number of years. Someone sends me a gift certificate. I use it to buy a Premium Membership card (amongst other gifts). Have been for about ten years now. Very tough to find the way to redeem it this year. (Not to mention that the gift certificate was a bit over a year old. Tried to redeem it, and was told there was no value. E-mailed Groundspeak and the dollar amount was added to my account, not the expired gift certificate. According to federal law, gift certificates cannot expire after one year!)

But anyways, I finally got the Premium Membership card to work, and I got an e-mail:

You are now a Geocaching Premium member.
With the rest of the message as posted by the OP. Thanks. I've been a premium member for a number of years!

This is not really making me feel welcomed. Everything is geared towards newbie IPhone users. The rest of us do not seem to count.