Hardest Long Island Cache?

JMBella

OK. Good point. Let's assume driving isn't an issue. By hardest I mean a difficult hike or difficult cache to find once you've gotten to the site. Caches needing a 4x4 or boat don't count. I'm asking because I'm approching my 100th find and I'd like to make a difficult one.

Thanks.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

I'm not sure there are any particularly difficult hikes on Long Island, unless there is an area that is 100% bramble all the way to the cache or if the cache is wedged about halfway down a cliff at the edge of the LI Sound. Terrain is usually not very difficult on established trails. I'd try a micro like LWK-1 Foot Bridge or itty bitty kitty cache for a difficult find.

I'd have to agree with StayFloopy that most of the LI trails aren't technically challenging but can be long. There's a multi in one of the DEC areas (by Smithtown - maybe) that's a decent hike (sorry forget the name right now). There's also on in Montauk listed as for 4x4's but the trail is accessible by foot too - just a pretty long hike.

I don't know if LWK-1 Footbridge is worthy of a 100th find. Instinct led me to it in a matter of minutes and it probably would you too.

StayFloopy - it took the DEC about a month to send me my permit. And I've never been asked for it on the trails. I've only seen one officer out there and that was in one of the parking areas.

-PD

quote:
Originally posted by Poppa Duck:

StayFloopy - it took the DEC about a month to send me my permit. And I've never been asked for it on the trails. I've only seen one officer out there and that was in one of the parking areas.

I know that they do check at Rocky Point, but probably not at other areas. Still, it's better to be legal.

Thanks for your vote of confidence! I see you already hit your 100 - you should still hit up the Rally. You can bang out my Elegant Junk, Old Gas!, Take It...'cause ya can't leave it!, What's HapPINing?, Syncore's Old Ticket Booth and the 2 Yancx caches all in one day. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Shut up and cache!

Valley Rally was my first choice, but we went out on a friday and figured the traffic coming back would be horribe so we opted for an eastern cache. Can't wait to hit your caches in Nassau. Hope to see you at the LI event. If not, set something up in nassau on another date. We'll try and be there.

Because now I am Lost.

If what I wright this evening makes no sence, please or has lots of typos its because we just had a block part, it;s2:47am and im quuite hammered right now. thanks for understandong

Because now I am Lost.