creating a new travel bug

crazypig88

I recently got a travel bug. I am in the midst of creating the page for it. For my mission I put "I would like this travel bug to travel all the way to Seattle, Washington from mckinney texas, and back again, finally ending it's journey in one of these two caches (insert gc codes here). Feel free to add anything to the trackable as you please." Do you think this is too much to be asking for?

I recently got a travel bug. I am in the midst of creating the page for it. For my mission I put "I would like this travel bug to travel all the way to Seattle, Washington from mckinney texas, and back again, finally ending it's journey in one of these two caches (insert gc codes here). Feel free to add anything to the trackable as you please." Do you think this is too much to be asking for?

That's a good travel goal, but don't hold your hopes too high. If it does get to Seattle, be sure to change the description to say that it is now coming back home or it may just keep going back to Seattle. And be sure to keep an eye on the two caches (are they going to be your own?) so that if they go missing/archived, you can change them to other caches.

I currently have a TB that was released in Australia with a mission to get to a cache 8 miles from us in the UK. And have released a TB myself with a mission to visit a certain cache which it achieved. So no you are not asking too much.

It's a great idea to have two target caches. After travelling half way round the world, the TB I have from OZ can't finish its mission as its target cache is missing. I have tried contacting the CO, to see if I can get it maintained. But alas its not looking likely.

Keep the 'Go Here... and then go There...' on the cache page.

Attach a label to the TB with "Go Here"

If the label on the TB has "Go Here, then go There" you could find the TB nearly getting to "Here" and then the next cacher picks it up and takes it to "There"

Could be worth adding a link to the target cache, if it/they get archived, at least cachers know the area the tB is heading for and can aim for a nearby cache. (Or you could edit the caches closer to the return, if they get archived.)