Got a day off Monday?

HartClimbs

If so, you're welcome to join BrianSnat and myself up in Harriman for some hiking and caching.

We plan on meeting in the 1st parking lot off 7 lakes drive a little before 10:00. (departure time is 10:00, so if you want to join us - get there a little early!).

Should be a dry day and the more the merrier!

- HartCimbs

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside. -Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

quote:
dadgum! Fro and I have plans to hit a bunch of pinelands caches monday. Harriman might be a bit far for him.

Yeah, but no Pineys in Harriman. Maybe a few

of the Ramapo Mountain People though.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

I just need to make sure there are experienced cachers there to supervise me so I don't forget to actually 'log' the finds.

I get so excited finding some of these dadgum things - sometimes I forget to actually open them...duh.

Best monday morning call-in sick excuse: bad chinese food. (eToast - you're free to use it and hope to see you Monday!).

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside. -Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

1. My car won't start

2. I have to take my aunt/mother/grandmother to the Dr.

3. My son/daughter is sick

4. My son's daughter is sick

5. Bad scungilli

6. Bad pirogies

7. Bad egg salad

8. Bad Kung Pao Shrimp

9. I have really bad diarrhea

10. And the #1 best excuse... "My brother/friend/sister/mother/father just flew in from Hong Kong, and suddenly I have a very bad cough".

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

If you're going for Ramapo Torne I think I should go to work. I would slow you guys down to much. That's one I have to do on my (slow) own.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

I'm not looking to post any numbers - just enjoy the day - it'd be terrific if you came along.

"There is more to life than increasing its speed" (I think this was Ghandi but it may have been Winni the pooh who actually said it).

I'm planning on pretty much loading up the GPS with waypoints, the Palmpilot with descriptions, and winging it (and going with Brian's experience) since I haven't been the park before. A couple caches caught my eye - a few 'mine' entries and WWW's WaterTanks, but I'm happy just getting out hiking (so the actual caches are just a bonus!).

I'd encourage anyone who can to take the day and join us.

I'm printing out a bunch of pages for a cluster of caches around the Silvermine area. A few are by Bigbill who has a rep for good caches I hear.

Harrald, don't worry about slowing us down. I'm not exactly Lance Armstrong these days when it comes to endurance. I haven't seen the inside of a gym since September. In fact it would be better if you came, so I can blame you!

Well, since it looks like its gonna rain in South Jersey monday, and after Fro's log here today, I don't think we are caching in the pinelands for a few days. So I just might make it up to see you guys, if I can drag my @ss outta bed in time. now, to fig out where I'm going.......

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Take 287 n (or GSP) to the NYS Thruway N and take the exit for Route 17. I think it's either Exit 15, or 15A (I think the latter) and should say Route 17 - Sloatsburg and maybe Hillburn. (well it doesn't really say "and maybe Hillburn", I just added that).

Make left onto 17 and take it through Sloatsburg...and think about what all of the poor girls who grew up in that town had to go through as teenagers when they met guys from other towns...

When in Sloatsburg, make a right onto 7 Lakes Drive. Big sign, very hard to miss. Shortly after you enter Harriman, you'll see a parking area on your right with a visitor center. That's the place.

I have all the caches in Harriman on my PDA. I can't promise to have all the hints though.

It doesn't really matter though. With the group that seems to be going no cache stands a chance.

Great trip guys! I had a blast. A note to other NJ geocachers. If you are concerned about ticks and want to make sure you don't pick up any, be sure to bring Hartclimbs along. He'll attract all ticks within 100 yards, so you won't even have to buy repellent.

All these years he thought he was a Chick magnet. When he was really a Tick magnet.

I think if Hart would break a sweat he would be able to fend off the ticks. But since the guy is a mileage machine The ticks know they get a nice long trip.

Seriously though. This was a great day of caching.

I'm definitely sweating in this picture!

Seriously - this was a great day. It was a pleasure hiking with this illustrious group and we truly benefited from Harrald's guiding services (and he didn't laugh too much at us while we searched for caches he'd already found!). I think I left all the ticks I'd picked up in Harriman park (practicing that leave-no-trace ethic, I left the ticks for others to enjoy after me!).

Beautiful day, great weather, terrific company, and a great park. I hope we can do more of these group outings in the future! A special thanks to Harrald as well for the pint of Guinness after the hike!

- HartClimbs

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. - Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Gosh, am I really that fat? Treadmill time!

_"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"_ -Abraham Lincoln

And what IS all that crap in your pack, anyway?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:

It was lunch, but you guys kept moving too fast for me to eat it.

That was all food?

Well, I guess that explains this:

quote:

Gosh, am I really that fat? Treadmill time!

icon_biggrin.gif