New cache listing - problems

Joe Tramp

a) I wanted to change the "date placed". Although my date format is e.g. 28.12.2014 (for today), it automatically filled 28.Dec.2014 - and wanted me to correct the date... So I had to manually change the date... Quite annoying. (BTW, I would welcome to see in the heading, when the cache was published - not when it was placed...)

B) Why do I have to fill the "reviewer´s note" though I am not about to publish it right now?

And one more question: Why do I have to log into this forum separately, when I´ve been logged into geocaching.com? I would understand, if they were two accounts with different passwords (e.g).

1. Re the date placed issue: I don't understand what happened, sorry.

2. You should post something in that reviewer note about the expected time for the cache to be ready.

That way, if a reviewer sees unpublished disabled listing blocking some cache that's up for review, they'll have some idea about whether to ask you about yours, ignore it, or archive your listing.

Many, many people create cache pages that they never use. So many that it's become a real problem for reviewers.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=460

3. Log in. You do have to create an account for these forums. And you could use a different username. You can elect to stay logged in.

I post here fairly regularly under 2 different accounts. So I need to log out, and log back in again.

Thank you for the answers.

Ad 1) "Editing geocache" window.

I want to change the "Date Placed" - there was 1.9.2014. After clicking on calendar and choosing "28.12.2014", the date changes into "28.Dec.2014". Then I clicked on "Submit changes", but it gave me following note: "You do not have a valid Date Placed." The problem is I have to type the date manually (28.12.2014) and the calendar is useless. It´s probably a bug...