COIN OF THE YEAR 2014

yanagi

The choice for the Coin of the Year 2014 is really hard, due to so many real nice coins and exeptional ones.

The Gas Pump 2014 is really one of them, but as I had to find a choice for 1st and 2nd. place I choose for myself the stunning Coins for GCF Houston, designed by Chris, 1st place Explore the Universe and 2nd place Bayou

4d44ba6e-cefa-47b7-b3c5-87d80e205928.jpg

597477a4-12eb-473b-b0e9-19395f7f4663.jpg

my seeking list: Seeking List

Edited by longtomsilver

The choice for the Coin of the Year 2014 is really hard, due to so many real nice coins and exeptional ones.

The Gas Pump 2014 is really one of them, but as I had to find a choice for 1st and 2nd. place I choose for myself the stunning Coins for GCF Houston, designed by Chris, 1st place Explore the Universe and 2nd place Bayou

4d44ba6e-cefa-47b7-b3c5-87d80e205928.jpg

my seeking list: Seeking List

From a design point of view for me the coin of the year 2014 is absolutely the Explore the Universe geocoin, a runner up would be the gaspump geocoin.

From a personal point of view the coins gifted to me by friends are my coins of the year 2014 !

I have no idea how many new coins came out this year or what most even look like but I do have the Explore Your Universe coin and it's probably one of the best coins I've ever seen done from a design perspective. It's really, really sharp.

I don't pick favorites though because I understand the love, thought and time that goes into many designs and for that reason I admire them all.

I think it would be kind of neat to have a thread where all coins designed in a calendar year are displayed with names. I personally can't keep track of everything.

I think this is officially a 2014 coin from RuhrPod Undrgrnd...

undergroundcoin_zps152a78d3.jpg

It's definitely the one that jumped out at me and I was really excited about the prospect of seeing one in person. At first glance it appears simple but it's really not at all. The customized Leatherman logo including spelunking tools and the glittery black coal-dust style fill looks like the constantly wet and glossy piles of coal in local mines here. The segmentation under the clear-black enamel on the opposing side and stark sharp imagery had me searching for trades in mere moments. I love when the form and function compliment each other in such pure icon form!

I love it and can't wait to see it in hand and share with friends! :D

I'm going to go with the gas pumps by mo pirate.

Very creative !!

0b5e4305-2042-4f50-bc29-85f99b144dd2.jpg

They deviate from the idea of 'flat coins' ... but I still like them .... a lot - :)

I agree with this selection being my favorite of the year too.

Did you post this today for a reason ? Why not wait til your birthday?

I'm going to go with the gas pumps by mo pirate.

Very creative !!

0b5e4305-2042-4f50-bc29-85f99b144dd2.jpg

They deviate from the idea of 'flat coins' ... but I still like them .... a lot - :)

I agree with this selection being my favorite of the year too.

Did you post this today for a reason ? Why not wait til your birthday?

Um because then it would be too late to drop hints