help finding nearby geocoins

heyitsjenk

so i wanted to look at geocoins near me in hopes of finding one but when i go to the geocoin home on geocaching.com the map only shows geocoins in dallas? i'm from atlanta and have already tried resetting my home location, i went back to refresh the geocoin page and then it only showed me geocoins in sweden???? is there another way to find nearby geocoins/trackables without looking at every cache individually? or does anyone know how to fix the map problem?

Even if that map worked how you want it, it doesn't show where trackables are- it shows where they are logged. There may be coins in caches and they haven't been logged into those cache. And there will be coins logged into the caches but they aren't there. Ultimately the only way to know for sure is to find the cache.

Under the Play dropdown on the top bar of most pages on the site, choose "Hide & Seek a Geocache", then use whichever option is best for you to search for caches, that will pull up a list of caches near the location you chose; under the "info" column there will be a number of different icons, the grey rosette with a cache box in it denotes a Premium Member only cache, the little Travel Bug icon shows the cache contains a regular travel bug, the other icons denote it contains a coin. (this is a general guide, there will be exceptions to some of the icons).

However you need to remember that some caches which have a trackable logged into them may not actually contain a trackable (it may have been stolen), similarly some trackables may be left in caches but not logged into them and don't show up on the listing.

one of the options available when building a pocket query is to show geocaches that indicate that they contain trackable(s)

you can use this alone, or in combination with other criteria

(difficulty/terrain ratings, size, etc)

you can center such a query on any of the standard points

(specific coordinates, home coordinates, zip code, etc)

as noted above, this does not assure that there are actually trackables in the geocache

I believe that pocket queries are a premium member feature