Skydiving geocaches

Pengana

I tried doing a geocache keyword search for Skydive - and I found some skydive THEMED caches... but just because they were near drop zones.

CAN there be a skydive cache? Some kind of virtual I suppose?

DO YOU KNOW of any? or can you think of a better way I can search for them. it may be there are some but they do not include 'skydive' in the title and that is why I'm not finding them.

I'd be interested in ANY that are ANYWHERE - at least to see what is out there.

THANKS

PENGANA (Olympia WA)

I tried doing a geocache keyword search for Skydive - and I found some skydive THEMED caches... but just because they were near drop zones.

CAN there be a skydive cache? Some kind of virtual I suppose?

DO YOU KNOW of any? or can you think of a better way I can search for them. it may be there are some but they do not include 'skydive' in the title and that is why I'm not finding them.

I'd be interested in ANY that are ANYWHERE - at least to see what is out there.

THANKS

PENGANA (Olympia WA)

Well, it can't be published now as a "virtual", as those haven't been published for years through Groundspeak.

Guidelines:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

Virtual caches and webcam caches are no longer available as options for new listings on Geocaching.com. Caches of these types that existed prior to November 2005, often referred to as grandfathered caches, are exceptions to this rule and may still be active. New listings similar to these cache types can be created as waymarks at Waymarking.com.

If you currently own a virtual or webcam cache, you must maintain the cache listing and logs, respond to inquiries from cachers, and must check the physical location periodically. Abandoned caches will likely be archived by Groundspeak. Grandfathered caches will not be unarchived.

How would a cacher retrieve a container and sign a logbook when skydiving?

How would one publish accurate coordinates?

Guidelines, Guidelines, Guidelines...have you read them thoroughly?

B.

I've seen caches that used clues visible in satellite/aerial photos. I suppose a cache could use clues visible to skydivers, but I'm not sure how such clues could be restricted to skydivers though. They'd also be visible to pilots, drone operators, and (eventually) to people using the satellite/aerial images of Google Maps and similar services.

Hummmmm... By my calculations your six minutes of freefall at 120 mph would put you approximately 48360 feet below the surface of the ground unless, perhaps, the ground were to stop your freefall quite suddenly. :o

Now if you were to do a 180 mph head-down dive you could get much deeper!

:D