Finders Keepers

enfanta

I don't really expect any replies to this post. I'm just using this space to keep track of my Finders Keepers caches. I tried to get recognized by gc.com (and therefore some web space and credit to the finders) but everyone said "no, that's not a 'real' geocache."

So, until I can get that changed, I have this thread.

And right now I have two Finders Keepers out there. One at Eagle Iron - Second Cohort and another at Spawner.

Seek 'em if you want 'em!

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

Eagle Iron- Second Cohort has been claimed.

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.

Don't remind me! Rgbisme just beat me to it. icon_razz.gif

I still liked the pancake better

Salvelinus

goldfish.gif

"The trail will be long and full of frustrations. Life is a whole and good and evil must be accepted together"

Ralph Abele

Finders Keepers are temporary caches I set while looking for other caches. I leave the coordinates to the FKs in the cache when I find it and then the next person who comes along and wants to seek the Finders Keepers takes the info and goes after the cache. They are one-time only caches, winner-take-all: Finders Keepers.

I haven't been able to get a cache page for them yet, so if you want to know where I've left them, just check this thread. Maybe if people like them we can convince the approvers to give me one itty-bitty page to list the active and found Finders Keepers. (And let you guys get credit for finding them.)

Oolong has always had a GPS on his head. He was born with it. icon_wink.gif

Congrats to rgbisme on finding the Iron Cohort Finders Keepers.

They found it, they kept it, they sent me the card. Thanks!

No news on whether or not the Spawner F.K. has been collected.

What appears to be coming at you is coming from you.

Left a Finder's Keepers in Walk in the Park, IV Warrior's new cache in Reeds Gap Park.

Seek 'em if you want 'em.

The FKs set at the South Central PA Cachers picnics have been claimed. In case you were wondering...

Care the Deception of Imitative Administrator

It was evil! But in a lovely way...

Set an informal Finders Keepers at Lost Village of Little Falls. "Informal" means I brought the caches but somehow managed to leave the cards behind, so I wrote everything out on a piece of notebook paper and left it at that. If you collect the LVoLF FK, please drop me a note.

Also set one at Circus Train Memorial and had a fascinating conversation with the woman who lives across from the memorial. She's related to the Hannah mentioned on the memorial who watched a panther attack one of their cows. When the memorial was built, this woman put a capsule containing animal bones and a booklet on the tragedy in the right pillar of the memorial. If you keep going down the road to the hunting club on the left-hand turn, you can see the skull of the tiger they had to shoot. She had a ton of information, very interesting.

Care the Deception of Imitative Administrator

If someone doesn't claim the FK at Reed's Gap, I will have to go back there and collect it.

That will be the very first time I've had to do that.

"Don't make me come out there!"

You've got til next week-end and then it's going, going, gone...

Ode to a Pigeon: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You Lookin' at Me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?! (b. katt, 7/14/03)

Well, there's a first time for everything.

Went and collected the Finder's Keepers at the Reeds Gap cache. I was kind of surprised no one had gone after it: A Walk in the Woods is a nice multi-cache in a neat park.

Ode to a Pigeon: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You Lookin' at Me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?! (b. katt, 7/14/03)

Dear Secret Cacher,

Thank you very much for my very own Finders Keepers. It was a lovely thought and quite a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, I was not able to find it...

It was delightful pawing through the flower beds, perhaps that was to be the thank you??

I can't help wondering if you chose red on purpose when you stamped that fish, despite the fact it looks nothing like a herring... icon_wink.gif

Yesterday I happened across the flower bed as the grounds crew was tearing it up. They had not seen anything like a film canister or an Altoids tin...

Secret Cacher, now is the time to 'fess up: was there anything there?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Wearer of duplicative protective headgear.