Filter log types in listing

capsai

I would like to suggest that if you click on one of the log types in the listing:

cubjqv0f41ewj8d22.png

a filter only shows the logs of the choosen type.

Sometimes, you found in cache listings something like: "See note from 01.01.1970" and you have to click through all logs to find the specific one. Or if you want only to see dnfs or so...

Edited by capsai

I've just got confused and thought: "Wait, this DOES work already, I use it frequently." But soon after that I figured out this functionality is brought by "GC little helper" script.

I agree, this could be standard behaviour of the site. But if I were you I would try GCLH and you'll get much more improvements besides log type filtering. Groundspeak is just not capable of doing anything reasonable with gc.com.

Thank you, i'd installed this addon.

But in my opinion, this feature should be available without installing any browser-addon

So should a lot of features, but the fact that these Greasemonkey 'helper' scripts have been around for so many years is probably an indication of how likely it is to ever see comparable native code embedded into the gc.com site.

Before I abandoned using the site altogether in favor of 3rd party solutions to almost all desktop caching functions, I was running several of these scripts that were making life a lot better. Honestly, I gave up on the desktop UX being the focus of any improvement. Just keeping things stable and driving users to mobile for premium memberships seems to have soaked up a lot of resource.