I just had a cache not approved, but....

Poppa Duck

... I'm not complaining. It was a virtual cache in NYC that had some historical significance.

I made a suggestion to the approver in how I could turn it into a real micro-cache and while I'm waiting for his response I figured I'd run the idea past the group.

The virtual takes you to a site that has a plaque with two sets of dates on it. My idea is to use the dates as offsets to two separate micro-caches and to claim the find you need to find either one of them. I don't feel making it a multi a this point.

What does everyone think?

On a separate note (from one of the other threads), while I think it is a good idea that NY have it's own approver, I don't have any complaints about NJAdmin. Considering the fact that we just came off a long weekend, I think he's been turning around approvals pretty quick.

-PD

quote:
Originally posted by Poppa Duck:

... I'm not complaining. It was a virtual cache in NYC that had some historical significance.

I made a suggestion to the approver in how I could turn it into a real micro-cache and while I'm waiting for his response I figured I'd run the idea past the group.

The virtual takes you to a site that has a plaque with two sets of dates on it. My idea is to use the dates as offsets to two separate micro-caches and to claim the find you need to find either one of them. I don't feel making it a multi a this point.

What does everyone think?

It sounds like Two offset/multi caches that start at the same place. It's interesting to say the least. Why have two caches though? Wouldn't one be enough?

quote:
Originally posted by Poppa Duck:

On a separate note (from one of the other threads), while I think it is a good idea that NY have it's own approver, I don't have any complaints about NJAdmin. Considering the fact that we just came off a long weekend, I think he's been turning around approvals pretty quick.

-PD

New York has an admin. Same admin a New Jersey and Connecticut. Njadmin is the tri-state area approver.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

At least if one evil micro skunked you you could search out the other and maybe have better luck.

Point taken. I yield the floor.

Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.

Sydney J. Harris

quote:

-PD

I agree totally. No complaints this weekend. But it has been taking longer for the past few weeks. Probably just an unusual amount of caches lately. I just need to chill out and be more patient.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

Would you repeat that in English?

Translation, "I just had a cache declined because it was a marker too, LOL. This sucks. What can a cache be now?"

The definition of a cache in the American Heritage Dictionary is:

quote:

A hiding place used especially for storing provisions.

A place for concealment and safekeeping, as of valuables.

A store of goods or valuables concealed in a hiding place

No mention of signs.

So the answer is, a cache is, if at all possible, a concealed container of some sort with at least a logbook, and possibly trade items inside.

Cybercam's cache is a virtual cache on a street corner in Fredricksburg, VA. Home to thousands of civil war historical markers. The location is almost right next to a park. Here is the full cache decription:

quote:
In this cache you must find the date that the sign has on it, on the first line.

Additional Hints (No hints available)

That's it.

The approver archived it with a note explaining the guidelines for virtual caches. The approver also mentioned the cache could be approved if more info was provided to show the guidelines were being met.

--------------------

frog.gif Personal slave of The Frog. frog.gif

quote:
The approver archived it with a note explaining the guidelines for virtual caches. The approver also mentioned the cache could be approved if more info was provided to show the guidelines were being met.

Its funny how people come to the forums to whine about having a cache declined, and only mention half the story.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Cybercam - the intent of my post was not to open up a forum for complaining, but to use it as an example that a non-approval isn't necessarily a bad thing.

In my case it challenged me to improve the cache to be something other than a virtual. Maybe you can improve yours based on the comment that the approver made to you.

-PD

I think it's interesting how people can figure out how to insert emoticons while still being blissfully unaware of all of the non-alphanumeric keys on the keyboard.

About the initial cache question: if you have two potential locations for micros, you might want to consider making the cache a multi. Otherwise, you would have to have two log books, which, as far as I know, isn't a crime.

------------------------------

Have you had your house checked for Rae Dawn Chong?