1 DNF + 1 unresponsive owner = archival

4wheelin_fool

Yeah, I had skin in the game on that one; if a phone call had gone differently I'd have jumped on a bus to Belize (I was nearby) and gone for an ultra-FTF. But that's water under the bridge.

Now I see the reviewer's posted either a command, or a misspelled note that everyone can relax:

cache owner send an email confirming the cache remains in place and in play.

Thanks sailor, I owe you one.

(Sailor is the CO)

Yeah, I had skin in the game on that one; if a phone call had gone differently I'd have jumped on a bus to Belize (I was nearby) and gone for an ultra-FTF. But that's water under the bridge.

Now I see the reviewer's posted either a command, or a misspelled note that everyone can relax:

cache owner send an email confirming the cache remains in place and in play.

Thanks sailor, I owe you one.

(Sailor is the CO)

Haha! Yeah, I noticed that possible double meaning as well.

Ok, now we have moved from annoying to ridiculous.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1890X_up-the-hill

Not only has the cache received a single DNF after a number of finds, but because someone Posted an NA on it AFTER a very recent find, the reviewer disabled it anyway.

But that's not all.

When the owner re enables it based on the very recent find, he is accused of using a sock account!

Fortunately, a subsequent cacher came along and vindicated the CO.

People, this is the kind of thing that makes COs no longer want to be COs.

Not only has the cache received a single DNF after a number of finds, but because someone Posted an NA on it AFTER a very recent find, the reviewer disabled it anyway.

But that's not all.

When the owner re enables it based on the very recent find, he is accused of using a sock account!

This is totally ridiculous. Some caches are difficult and rarely found. There's no need for anyone to be so aggressive about a single DNF. A CO who isn't actively caching can monitor logs through email and a single DNF doesn't warrant anything more than monitoring. What an awful way to treat people for no reason.

But that's not all.

This is totally ridiculous. Some caches are difficult and rarely found. There's no need for anyone to be so aggressive about a single DNF. A CO who isn't actively caching can monitor logs through email and a single DNF doesn't warrant anything more than monitoring. What an awful way to treat people for no reason.

I agree. Ignoring the recent find, which some have called into question, I thought reviewers didn't take action based on a NA from someone who has not sought a cache. We had a recent episode in the forums where an Alaskan land manager was told as much. If you haven't sought it, butt out.

But here we have a viable cache that a non seeker throws a NA on and it gets disabled because it had a single DNF on it.

It's not like these are high profile, often sought out caches.

A CO who isn't actively caching can monitor logs through email and a single DNF doesn't warrant anything more than monitoring. What an awful way to treat people for no reason.

Btw, your point is proved by the fact that the CO responded the same day that the reviewer disabled the cache.

Manufactured drama like this is what makes reviewers not want to be reviewers anymore. Or at least, to ignore the forums.

We do know who the sock puppet belongs to, and we do know the actual dates of the logs.

I am closing this thread. Don't start another one targeted as this one was.