"Correct these coordinates" for all cache types

capsai

As the topic says, i would like to suggest to make the "Correct these coordinates" also available for letterboxes and wherigos and maybe also for earthcaches.

I use this feature for saving the final coordinates from multi- and mysterycaches and i want do this also for letterboxes and wherigos which is not possible yet.

Two years ago and nothing happened... can't imagine that the implementation is too time-consuming...

The thing I don't understand is why they went out of their way to implemented it in a limited way to begin with. I would have thought it would be easier to just allow it on all caches. I have my own mechanism for adjusting coordinates, and I've used it several times on traditional caches which have coordinates that are known to be off.

It would make perfect sense with Letterboxes, since by most of them you must calculate the coordinates, either by comp, or in terrain.

I've always thought the spirit of letterbox hybrids would be to follow them in the field, not in advance. But I still agree with your point. Besides, it's not just the final coordinates that one might correct to. I once did a letterbox that provided two options for a starting location, and the alternate was the one I wanted to use. Why couldn't I adjust the coordinates to that even though I was still going to follow the directions in the field?

With more players creating play anywhere Wherigo's, this would also be handy on this type of cache as well. If there is a geo-art of Wherigo's it is hard to tell which have been solved and which need yet to be completed. It would also make it easier to use the new filtering as I could then filter by that type and those that do not have corrected coordinates.

I think even for traditionals this would be appropriate. How many times have there been a cache placed with bad coords and another finder has posted better ones? I see this all the time.

There is already a function for you to post "better" coordinates.

When you are logging a cache, scroll down to below the text box. You have this option:

Add a coordinate to this log

Whether the CO gets around to fixing them so that they are downloadable is another problem. :rolleyes:

B.

I think even for traditionals this would be appropriate. How many times have there been a cache placed with bad coords and another finder has posted better ones? I see this all the time.

When you are logging a cache, scroll down to below the text box. You have this option:

Whether the CO gets around to fixing them so that they are downloadable is another problem. :rolleyes:

B.

I think he already knows that. He is seeing that another cacher has already done that, and wants to be able to correct the numbers so when he downloads it in the future he gets the corrected coordinates and doesn't have to rely on a log entry that may have migrated deeper in the logs.

B.

I think he already knows that. He is seeing that another cacher has already done that, and wants to be able to correct the numbers so when he downloads it in the future he gets the corrected coordinates and doesn't have to rely on a log entry that may have migrated deeper in the logs.

If the CO hasn't updated the coordinates, and finders have been posting "better" coordinates, then post a NM. Part of cache maintenance includes the cache listing, which includes correcting coordinates so that everyone can download "correct" coordinates.

B.

B.

If the CO hasn't updated the coordinates, and finders have been posting "better" coordinates, then post a NM. Part of cache maintenance includes the cache listing, which includes correcting coordinates so that everyone can download "correct" coordinates.

B.

How far off topic are you going to go? The OP has a valid reason for making a good suggestion. Owner maintenance is a different topic entirely and while related, posting a NM likely will not accomplish what the OP wants to achieve.