Recommendations for Scotland?

Hi All,

I'm heading up to Fort William in January and just looking for some locals to suggest some caches in and around the area to do if I have some spare time?

Is there any equivalent to the Little Quest series in Scotland (a cache in each county)? Is there any local, must do caches?

Anyway hope someone can help, obviously as its January I'm expecting snow, so please take that into consideration.

Regards

CC

Hi All,

I'm heading up to Fort William in January and just looking for some locals to suggest some caches in and around the area to do if I have some spare time?

Is there any equivalent to the Little Quest series in Scotland (a cache in each county)? Is there any local, must do caches?

Anyway hope someone can help, obviously as its January I'm expecting snow, so please take that into consideration.

Regards

CC

Little Quest, Scottish version. Scotland The Quest - Bonus cache link.

Requires 'a bit of work' as there are caches out on islands...

'Behind' Ben Nevis, up Glen Nevis, are some amazing caches, and the UK's second tallest waterfall. Take care getting there if it's icy though! Rather easier are the ones at Neptune's Steps, on the canal. If you get as far as Glenfinnan, you'll find some amazing views (especially if you're a Harry Potter or Highlander fan) and several cool caches. Don't try for anything on Ben Nevis (or any mountain!) itself, unless you've the skills and equipment for it - they can look pretty safe and very tempting on a crisp morning, but a vision of hell by the afternoon. Have a great trip!