New Country Souvenirs coming

One odd thing the acquired date is today and not when I first found a cache in the country.

That is odd. When they released a bunch of new souvenirs to celebrate the 2,000,000th cache, the acquired date was retroactively set to the first date on which you found a cache in that country/state/province. I wonder why they didn't do that this time.

One odd thing the acquired date is today and not when I first found a cache in the country.

That is odd. When they released a bunch of new souvenirs to celebrate the 2,000,000th cache, the acquired date was retroactively set to the first date on which you found a cache in that country/state/province. I wonder why they didn't do that this time.

Same thing here, we received the souvenirs for Turkey and Estonia but the date isn't retroactively set although this was done with previous country souvenirs.

We hope it will be corrected.

Cool I got 4 out of 5.

Thailand

Acquired on 14 Dec 15

That's strange, my Lithuania souvenir was acquired on 2014-09-21 which is in accordance with my visit there.

Yes, we fixed the earned dates on the new souvenirs yesterday.

Cool I got 4 out of 5.

Thailand

Acquired on 14 Dec 15

That's strange, my Lithuania souvenir was acquired on 2014-09-21 which is in accordance with my visit there.

Thanks for that. The date one qualified for the souvenir just feels a lot more meaningful to me. As I look over my Souvenirs page I can see that I first found a cache in France in March, 2010 and in South Africa in November, 2007.

Thanks for that. The date one qualified for the souvenir just feels a lot more meaningful to me. As I look over my Souvenirs page I can see that I first found a cache in France in March, 2010 and in South Africa in November, 2007.

I would tend to agree with that sentiment. Unfortunately, my souvenirs seem to get dated with the dates that I actually log my finds rather than the dates I specify on my Found It logs. Those two dates sometimes differ, especially when I'm traveling.

Hmm... I think my nephew logged his find in Turkey on my account, by accident. Deleted it quickly, and logged his find. That was last year. Now, somehow, I have a Turkiye souvenir that I did not earn.

So, souvenirs go to anyone who has ever logged a cache that qualified, even if the find has been deleted by the logger? That's very strange.

Hmm... My souvenir is dated 2004! My nephew was not geocaching then. I have no idea how I got this one? Did I type in the wrong cache ID and log it by accident? If so, I deleted the log in 2004!

Edited by Harry Dolphin

Hmm... I think my nephew logged his find in Turkey on my account, by accident. Deleted it quickly, and logged his find. That was last year. Now, somehow, I have a Turkiye souvenir that I did not earn.

So, souvenirs go to anyone who has ever logged a cache that qualified, even if the find has been deleted by the logger? That's very strange.

Hmm... My souvenir is dated 2004! My nephew was not geocaching then. I have no idea how I got this one? Did I type in the wrong cache ID and log it by accident? If so, I deleted the log in 2004!

Yep. I've got a Kansas souvenir as a result of logging a find on a cache for which I entered a typo in the GC Code. Deleted the find immediately after I noticed my error, but still have the (hidden) souvenir as a reminder of my mistake.

Yep. I've got a Kansas souvenir as a result of logging a find on a cache for which I entered a typo in the GC Code. Deleted the find immediately after I noticed my error, but still have the (hidden) souvenir as a reminder of my mistake.

I have removed Turkey and Kansas from the Harry Dolphin and CanadianRockies accounts, respectively.

Ah. My nephew just got souvenirs for China and Singapore!

So did I. The one for China looks like a section of the wall I went to the last time I visited. It was a section of the wall which requires permission on private property to access the wall. I saw four other people on the wall while hiking on it for three hours. One of my finds in Singapore is my furthest find from home.