html help with Profile

Ragfoot

Will someone please look at the html in my Personal Profile page and let me know how I managed to disable the hyperlinks for my e-mail address, Give a Gift Membership, and See the Forum Posts for This User?

Thanks in advance, Ragfoot

Could be something in however you've added your stats...

Try removing the stats, and see if the links work.

Will someone please look at the html in my Personal Profile page and let me know how I managed to disable the hyperlinks for my e-mail address, Give a Gift Membership, and See the Forum Posts for This User?

Yes, the hyperlinks work fine if I remove my UserSupplied info. That's why I would like someone to please look at the html in my Personal Profile page and let me know how I managed to disable the Hyperlinks for my e-mail address, etc.

Yes, the hyperlinks work fine if I remove my UserSupplied info. That's why I would like someone to please look at the html in my Personal Profile page and let me know how I managed to disable the Hyperlinks for my e-mail address, etc.

hi

A email

1 go to your account settings

2 then go to email settings

3 unclick the line Show my email address on my public profile.

4 this is the default setting so all emails go thought geocaching.com

B. Gift Membership

1 go back to your profile (click your name at top of webpage )

2 on the right hand side of page go down to Community

3 click on Ungrade another Player

follow the the step on the Page

C. Forum Posts for This User

type in the user in the Search bar at the top of forums page

Ragfoot as return 12 results

hope this helps

I'm going to say you most surely messed up posting your little DNF icon. :)

I don't know if you saw this post before editing, but I'm thinking you put all the code to post the DNF icon, and your number of DNF's in the wrong spot?

I pretty much thought that was the problem also. But, I THOUGHT that I had copied the way that others had done the same thing... and theirs didn't mess up the hyperlinks. Any idea what/how I messed up and/or how to correct it and still have the DNF count?

I don't know if you saw this post before editing, but I'm thinking you put all the code to post the DNF icon, and your number of DNF's in the wrong spot?

I pretty much thought that was the problem also. But, I THOUGHT that I had copied the way that others had done the same thing... and theirs didn't mess up the hyperlinks. Any idea what/how I messed up and/or how to correct it and still have the DNF count?

OK, you have a lot of third party stuff pasted in there. :P

We see the DNF code, Stuff from Mygeocachingprofile.com, a map where you've colored in the States in which you found the oldest cache in (impressive, by the way), and a flag counter, in that order. Is that the same order the various HTML codes are pasted in as? Is the DNF code first? I'm really leaning towards the DNF code, as it's in the same section as the mistakenly disabled links.

OK, you have a lot of third party stuff pasted in there. :P

We see the DNF code, Stuff from Mygeocachingprofile.com, a map where you've colored in the States in which you found the oldest cache in (impressive, by the way), and a flag counter, in that order. Is that the same order the various HTML codes are pasted in as? Is the DNF code first? I'm really leaning towards the DNF code, as it's in the same section as the mistakenly disabled links.

It IS the DNF code. All that other third party stuff has been there for a long time and the links worked correctly before the DNF code was added and works again if I remove the DNF code. The same code, which I copied from another geocacher, didn't effect that geocacher's links. But, not knowing that much about html, why would the DNF code, which was added in the User Supplied area, effect Groundspeak's code regarding the hyperlinks?

It IS the DNF code. All that other third party stuff has been there for a long time and the links worked correctly before the DNF code was added and works again if I remove the DNF code. The same code, which I copied from another geocacher, didn't effect that geocacher's links. But, not knowing that much about html, why would the DNF code, which was added in the User Supplied area, effect Groundspeak's code regarding the hyperlinks?

It 'Does things' with the HTML above the email address...

The original thread for the HTML is here link

The DNF HTML needs to be the FIRST thing in the profile box.

(And it could be something isn't closed..?)

Most recent code seems to be this post

Edited by Bear and Ragged

It 'Does things' with the HTML above the email address...

The original thread for the HTML is here link

The DNF HTML needs to be the FIRST thing in the profile box.

(And it could be something isn't closed..?)

Most recent code seems to be this post

And it might have been something wasn't closed. I DON'T know, but using that code makes the hyperlinks useable again. THANKS! And thanks to all that tried to help!

Hopefully, the page will remain static for a while.