Say It Ain't So, Brian!

jonboy

I saw on the general discussion group that Brian plans to archive all of his caches because some of his caches have been plundered by pirates. I would be really teed off if this happened to me, but are a few jerks really going to be allowed to drive our area's best cache hider out of the sport? These creeps can't be allowed to win, we gota do something! I haven't found all his caches yet!

I've been considering ways to deal with this idiot. After some thought, archiving all of my caches immediately isn't a reasonable response.

But my response may include archiving some caches and I have considered a number of other ways to deal with this issue. Maybe that "baseball bat" cache is an idea whose idea has come icon_wink.gif .

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

I just visied the pirates web site. How long have they been plundering caches? Has anyone tried to talk any sense into them? Does anyone even know who they are?

This is just disgusting. If anything is going to cause us to turn all our caches to members only this is it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.

-Ambrose Bierce, writer (1842-1914)

quote:
I just visied the pirates web site. How long have they been plundering caches? Has anyone tried to talk any sense into them? Does anyone even know who they are?

They've been at this a couple of months and the more people try to talk sense into them, the more they get a charge out of doing this. I already do know who some of them are. It won't be long before we know who the NJ pirate is.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Hey all. I guess that I am still a muggle since I haven't even gotten a GPS yet. I do have a few on my watch list in areas that I know, that I may give a shot before I manage to get a GPS....who knows.

I just stumbled across this sport last week, and I am already becoming obcessed(sp?). The thought of these pirate jackasses absolutely sickens me. With any luck, maybe I'll manage to stumble across the NJ pirate around dusk....

You know what they say....there's one in every bunch.

-Midnight

I'm hoping that this is my only post concerning the pirates because I firmly believe that ignoring them is the best solution. I’m glad that Brian has decided not to archive all of his caches but I can understand his frustration. I have been a victimized by them as well.

The bottom line is: they cannot compete with our resources. My cache was re-found pretty quickly by another ‘cacher who also replaced another plundered cache the same day. We have strength in numbers that they can never compete with, if plundered caches are re-found and replaced within a day or two they will soon get bored, especially if no one is talking about it here on the board.

I plan to retrieve Brians cache and replace it unless someone beats me to it. I can only hope that he will reactivate it, but that is entirely up to him. I have my hunches as to the pirate(s) identity and I have my own little ways of dealing with them too. Stay tuned.

I couldn't help sending them an email. It probably won't help but I had to say something.

I titled it "Where's the Blood?"

"I mean, what's the challenge in plundering

caches? Are you guys bored with finding them? Then set a few!

You're cowards. There's no risk here, no daring

required on your part. Someone finds you, what

will they do? Nothing.

All you're doing is creating a nuisance.

Whoo-hoo! Way to go big manly pirates!

The true adventurers pity you.

enfanta"