The Plastic Bag Burial Grounds?

ExiledAngel

I searched every nook and cranny in the area for a good 2 hours and the only thing I managed to find was a very scared ground hog and another Geocacher. Was this cache moved or taken? It looks like the whole stream bed was flooded pretty badly sometime after the snow melted but I don't know where it was to say if it was washed away. Any ideas? icon_smile.gif

Angel

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

Being among the first finders of the geocache last month, I think that it was easy to find. The clues on the site, however, were a bit misleading as the "fallen tree" had been either cleared away or non-existant. I hope this doesn't ruin the hunt for you -- keep searching! It's there!

MusicalJacob

"Elderberry wine. Hmmph. Haven't had elderberry wine since I was a boy..." - Arsenic and Old Lace

MAJELLIN AND I searched diligently for the cache. Our GPS led us to the correct area, but there were many potential hiding spots. We checked out the area thoroughly. More specific spoilers would help in this case. The hints are too vague. In fact, the first two hints are useless because the GPS will take you there. I'm going to wait for a checkup by the owner, or another geocacher. The multaflora rose (stickers) will start growing soon, making this quite an unpleasant area. I was hoping to find this cache before that happens.

By the way, I grew up in Cockeysville. Nice area...

quote:
Originally posted by ExiledAngel:

I searched every nook and cranny in the area for a good 2 hours and the only thing I managed to find was a very scared ground hog and another Geocacher. Was this cache moved or taken? It looks like the whole stream bed was flooded pretty badly sometime after the snow melted but I don't know where it was to say if it was washed away. Any ideas? icon_smile.gif

Angel

I just looked at the cache page. You may want to post a Did Not Find. Since there is one there already the cache owner may go and check up on it. Also others may wait to see what's going on.

It would be bad if others went looking for a cache that isn't there.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

Went back up today with 4 friends. I live so close I can walk there heh. We searched the entire stream and surrounding areas for over 2 hours. Not a thing. We even looked around the golf course, rabbit hill, and waded around the outskirts of the pond to see if it washed down into the marsh. Between me and my friends and Outsid4evr's searches I'm really thinking its not there anymore. I know when the snow started melting the park society started cutting down the dead trees around there and over on rabbit hill. Maybe they found it and took it?

I'll log a did not find and hope the owner sees it. Its to bad, thats really a nice area and great for hiding things. Outsid4evr is right, when the weather picks up and the thorns start growing they really take over that entire area.