Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
sjclimber

Lab cache for local event

5 posts in this topic

So, is there some impediment to extending lab caches to local (non-mega) events at this point? Seems like there has been ample time to assess the product?

Thanks

Hi sjclimber - we aren't ready to roll Lab Caches out for the public just yet, but we agree we've been given a lot of time to asses the product and gather awesome feedback. We are working on grooming the feedback to enhance and make further improvements on the product. Thanks, Katie

But there were Lab caches in Hannover with 'regular' Event - so it's possible - but how?

But there were Lab caches in Hannover with 'regular' Event - so it's possible - but how?

Interesting that this was mentioned last December.

I've just noticed this set of Lab Caches in Hannover which don't even appear to be associated with a Geocaching Event :blink:

http://labs.geocaching.com/goto/georegion

Is this the next step for Lab Caches?

M

I think Lab Caches might've expanded to community events. As noted in the Help Center: "being tested at select Geocaching Mega-Events and community events". The Hanover event seems to be a 'community event' and

I think it's a great approach to have some limits on Lab Caches, rather than expanding it to any/all cachers. If any cacher could create Lab Caches, then I'm sure there will be a proliferation of them just so people can juice their find counts. That would become a drain on GS resources to support that functionality.