Enough freakin' snow already!!

Harrald

quote:
Originally posted by rgbisme:

At least it waited for Monday. Local public school's cancelled. 6" - 10" predicted by the end of the day.

$n0w is a 4 letter word.

"To make a day perfect,

believe it is."-A.S.

At least it waited until Monday? MONDAY'S MY DAY OFF WHY COULDN'T IT WAIT UNTIL TUESDAY?!?!?!?

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.

yes! My only TB is sitting for two months in a cache in a slightly dangerous terrain and the cache page says "I do not recommend searching for this cache if it rained in the last 48 hours" - I guess we didn't have 48 hours without rain this spring!

Czech caching in US.

While sitting at our campsite at Bryne State Forest, it was alittle rainy in the morning and overcast all day. But i looked up at the sky and saw little bright dots, I thought wow, a bunch of fire flys.. well i almost fell out of my seat when i realised I was looking at stars. The clouds were gone!!

Skigirl43 and me geocaching on Haystack Mtn in Vt last weekend:

087f3785-4548-466f-9252-4b4eff596336.jpg

b9df3ea7-e41c-40e6-b9c9-483119946509.jpg

It was hunting season, hence the silly orange hat. And we did run into a hunter and they use rifles in Vermont! The snow was no big deal, but 35 mph sustained winds with gusts topping 65 mph were. It was pretty neat (and a bit scary). As we walked long the trail we noticed the ground below us moving up and down. It was being lifted by the root systems of the trees along the trail as they heeled over from the wind.

Edited by briansnat
As we walked long the trail we noticed the ground below us moving up and down. It was  being lifted by the root systems of the trees along the trail as they heeled over from the wind.

Wow - that's some strong breeze!

The wind blows pretty hard when someone who has more than 5,000 forum posts is in the area. :unsure:

The same phenomenon is observable when lawyers are around, so I will turn this into a personal attack against myself. :rolleyes:

Planning a major geocaching marathon here in Pittsburgh, where a foot of snow is expected in the next 24 hours. We have guests visiting from out of town for the weekend, and won't let a bit of the white stuff interfere with the fun.

It was hunting season, hence the silly orange hat. And we did run into a hunter and they use rifles in Vermont! The snow was no big deal, but 35 mph sustained winds with gusts topping 65 mph were.  It was pretty neat (and a bit scary). As we walked long the trail we noticed the ground below us moving up and down. It was  being lifted by the root systems of the trees along the trail as they heeled over from the wind.

They use rifles in Vermont, so I guess in New Jersey they use slingshots? :rolleyes:

I have a solution for all of you that don't like snow. Feel free to drop by with a truckload and dump it on my front lawn. It's still green...in December! :unsure: Something isn't right here.

Edited by Team GPSaxophone
<BR>And that is precisely the problem with "Snow caching."  Any expectation of a hunt is limited to the first to dig it out ... all anyone else has to do is follow the trail.  I find it most unrewarding.<BR><BR>But I suppose there is no better way to at least temporarily compromise a cache.

dscf0445.jpg

When I was up in MA in January this year, did not need s shovel at all, but I know what you mean about he foorprints.

:P The cacher before though made an attempt to walk in circles but I saw where he sat down.

I still like walking in the snow.

:lol: The cacher before though made an attempt to walk in circles but I saw where he sat down.

I still like walking in the snow.

Seeing where I sat down to take care of cache business isn't going to help anyone.

Cause after I find the puppy, I take it a distance away open it up, look it over, read/sign log book then seal it back up, and hide it again. Then I procede to mess the area up.

Hopefully by the time I'm done, you're still going to need your GPS to tell you where it is...

I love the cold & snow, bring it on...it tends to keep the caching lightweights at home. As for the footprints, do not bother looking for a cache until the snow cover is refreshed. Take advantage of what mother nature delivers and you can treat each new snowfall as a chance to FTF Post Snow. Lastly, I enjoy a change in the scenery.

So much for me going caching this weekend.<BR><BR><BR>I wasn't to big (i.e. fat) I would look into buying snowshoes. I'm glad I took this past Weds. off so I could go out and play.<BR><BR>Thanks for allowing me to vent. I'm feeling much better now.<BR><BR>====================================<BR>As always, the above statements are just MHO.<BR>====================================

I just looked at some Snowshoes. Gack. 279 bucks for some Mountain 30's. I'll probably wait till spring and buy them on sale and just hike like a snow plow like I normally do un the meantime.

Here in Central NY, we had temps reaching -40 below this past week, but it didn't stop my parents from finding 4 caches (3 one day, 1 the next). As for deep snow, Santa brought me a Metal Detector for Christmas! (Santa must be a cacher too!). As for following other folks' trails thru' the snow, it snows so much here any useful footprints are gone in a few hours anyway...