Enough freakin' snow already!!

Harrald

Snow is best apreciated through a plate glass window next to a roaring fire. Call me a fair-weather cacher. Just my $.02

With hot chocolate spiked with some schnapps.

though it's even better after a days caching in it.

I don't mind caching in the snow, just not while it's snowing. It's snowing right now. My sunday plans went out the window due to a need to shovel the stuff that had fallen the night before. Looks like I need to get some Schanps. Rumple Minze would work.

This is getting rediculous. My next cache is "Follow the Turquoise trail" but I am not about to attempt a four-stage multi with 10" of freshly fallen snow on the ground.

Just so you know.....That one is uphill almost the whole way.

Edited by Harrald

Get over it! It's winter. It's cold. It snows. It's just the way it is. :lol:

You're supposed to be intrepid Geocachers.

Mopar and I went out last week in the cold and snow at night and successfully found a multi-cache! AND . . . he was sick.

It was a blast.

d2cf71e1-b991-4fb1-b541-15823824cb90.jpg

I actually prefer caching in the winter. Less muggles and better signal. Of course, all the outterwear gets to be a bit cumbersome.

Whatever . . . do what ya gotta do and get out there, have some fun and keep warm! :huh:

Anyhoo . . . happy caching and stuff! :D

This past Saturday, my parents, my girlfriend and I went caching in snowbound B'ville, NY. We armed ourselves with 3 shovels, a metal detector, wool socks, those really neat "Hot-Hands" handwarmers (and they DO work!), and layer-upon-layer of warm clothing, fuzzy hats and mittens. The cache didn't have a chance! :) Tonight my sweetie and I went caching under the freezing moonlit sky...romance in sub-zero temps :) !

This is killing me, just enough snow on the ground that spotting caches is more of a challenge than I am up to and cold enough temps to keep it there. I'm almost caught up on everything I need to do and finally slept through the night for a change. The neighbors one yeard old is under my bedroom and she screams at 4:30/5:00am to get out of her crib. Now more snow, GREAT.

Edited by magellan315

... A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS POSSIBLE LATER THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING ESPECIALLY FROM PHILADELPHIA NORTH...

you have GOT to be kidding me! i actually love the snow, i love looking at it while sipping hot chocolate by the fireplace (if we had one...), i love sledding and making snow angels and snowmen. but this is just silly.

melissa

Get over it!  It's winter.  It's cold.  It snows.  It's just the way it is.  :lol: 

You're supposed to be intrepid Geocachers.

Mopar and I went out last week in the cold and snow at night and successfully found a multi-cache!  AND . . . he was sick. 

It was a blast.

I actually prefer caching in the winter.  Less muggles and better signal.  Of course, all the outterwear gets to be a bit cumbersome. 

Whatever . . . do what ya gotta do and get out there, have some fun and keep warm!  B)

Anyhoo . . . happy caching and stuffB)

too bad joe hibernates all winter long. i'd like to go out and cache!

~melissa

Edited by JandM

During my past couple of outings I've found that the snow has actually inhanced my enjoyment of caching in mountains and forests. The snow depth hasn't been SO great as to make caches impossible to find either. This was from my log yesterday at

TRL Sparta Cliffs:

"We arrived at our parking area right at sunrise. The vistas during the climb were spectacular with the cloudless blue sky and shimmering, sparkling snow. Arrived at the cache site and found it quite quickly. I decided to sit down for a few minutes and just watch the world from this great spot."

Can't beat that kind of caching.

I'm going snowshoing and cache placing tomorrow. Anybody free and want to go for a hike?

I'm going snowshoing tomorrow at Whittingham WMA.. Unless I can find a better place..All is welcome to join me, But don't ask me for any clues on TRL's caches :rolleyes:

I'm snowshoing up to Green Pond Mtn. Have a cache packed and ready to go and one sitting out there awaiting approval.