Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Tante.Hossi

email problems?

Waymarking notification emails have been working fine for me, even after your posts. So your problem is not on the Groundspeak side.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm - let me take a look at my yahoo then. :)

Fi and elyob I appreciate your reponses. For some reason, yahoo decided all my Geocaching and Waymarking emails were spam. I hope all is straightened out on my end now 

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz
  • Upvote 1

Hello community I no longer receive Waymarking notification emails, what is it for you, thanks.

10 hours ago, pmaupin said:

Hello community I no longer receive Waymarking notification emails, what is it for you, thanks.

I've been receiving notifications of visits and approvals all day.  Any change for you at this point?

4 hours ago, QuarrellaDeVil said:

I've been receiving notifications of visits and approvals all day.  Any change for you at this point?

I have also been getting emails all day. Seems like a normal Waymarking day for my inbox. Usually receive about 50-150 emails a day from Waymarking and so far, nothing out of the ordinary for me. Have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes Grounspeak will change the email address and your email will think it's spam. This has happened when geocaching introduced the message center. I had to manually override it. 

6 hours ago, bluesnote said:

I have also been getting emails all day. Seems like a normal Waymarking day for my inbox. Usually receive about 50-150 emails a day from Waymarking and so far, nothing out of the ordinary for me. Have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes Grounspeak will change the email address and your email will think it's spam. This has happened when geocaching introduced the message center. I had to manually override it. 

Thank you very much, indeed all emails were in spam, and notifications were blocked.

And again problems with emails ...

Today I do not receive any email from Waymarking.

I have submitted several waymarks but no submission email was received.

I have also not received any notification email within my categories for new waymarks.

I have had problems with delayed emails (for hours and even days) in the last weeks. A lot of emails I have never received.

And yes, I have checked my spam folder. They are not there!

Anyone else with mail problems? Or is it only me?

I don't know if it is important: I use a big German email provider gmx.net

Could someone at Groundspeak please fix this! Thanks!!

11 hours ago, Tante.Hossi said:

And again problems with emails ...

Today I do not receive any email from Waymarking.

I have submitted several waymarks but no submission email was received.

I have also not received any notification email within my categories for new waymarks.

I have had problems with delayed emails (for hours and even days) in the last weeks. A lot of emails I have never received.

And yes, I have checked my spam folder. They are not there!

Anyone else with mail problems? Or is it only me?

I don't know if it is important: I use a big German email provider gmx.net

Could someone at Groundspeak please fix this! Thanks!!

We have been having some difficulties working with GMX recently, they have been blocking email from some of our mail servers. It would probably help if you could contact your provider and ask them to not block emails from our mail servers. If you want to be specific, you can tell them to whitelist these mail server addresses: 63.251.163.224, 63.251.163.225, 63.251.163.228, 63.251.163.229.

Here is the contact form for GMX: https://postmaster.gmx.net/de/contact

Thanks,

bootron

• Helpful 1

17 hours ago, bootron said:

We have been having some difficulties working with GMX recently, they have been blocking email from some of our mail servers. It would probably help if you could contact your provider and ask them to not block emails from our mail servers. If you want to be specific, you can tell them to whitelist these mail server addresses: 63.251.163.224, 63.251.163.225, 63.251.163.228, 63.251.163.229.

Here is the contact form for GMX: https://postmaster.gmx.net/de/contact

Thanks,

bootron

I have tried to get in contact with the GMX Postmaster - we will see how their reaction is. I think this should have been done by Groundspeak instead. 

It's a general Problem with GMX - I do not get any mails from Groundspeak (Waymarking, geocaching). And I think all the GMX users (in Germany) will have the same Problem. 

4 hours ago, Tante.Hossi said:

I have tried to get in contact with the GMX Postmaster - we will see how their reaction is. I think this should have been done by Groundspeak instead. 

It's a general Problem with GMX - I do not get any mails from Groundspeak (Waymarking, geocaching). And I think all the GMX users (in Germany) will have the same Problem. 

I can assure you that we are doing our best to get in contact with them as well. We are hoping that some additional pressure from our customers will help them to understand the gravity of the issue. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, bootron said:

I can assure you that we are doing our best to get in contact with them as well. We are hoping that some additional pressure from our customers will help them to understand the gravity of the issue. 

No Problem! I'm sure you're doing your best. Thanks!

I have received an answer from the GMX Postmaster. They say they are aware of this issue. They say there's a problem with the subjects of mails fom Groundspeak.com/geocaching.com/Waymarking.com if they include special chars (especially if they contain German umlauts) and so they block all mails from this domains. Maybe this gives you a hint to fix this problem.

Btw: two days ago a have received a bulk of 30 or more geocaching/Waymarking mails on my gmx account at the same time.

I am not receiving confirmations of submitted posts.

8 minutes ago, elyob said:

I am getting them all. Using Firefox.

I just discovered that since July 2, Waymarking communication has been sent to my spam folder.  Not sure if this problem is on my provider's side or Groundspeak did something to trigger it.

Today, I sent some replies to inquiries sent through Waymarking's e-mail system and checked the box to have a copy sent.  Seems to be taking a long time to send my copy.  Therefore, am wondering if there is not an incident in progress.

On 7/3/2020 at 7:49 PM, elyob said:

I wasn't the other day. Would get some emails from approvals and others wouldn't appear. Very odd. Also seems the email function isn't working properly. Not getting replies to emails sent to other users (with the exception of @RakeInTheCache).

Some days I'm wishing the email bit wasn't working.

I look at "My Categories" every day that I'm doing Waymarking stuff, so I really don't need the "Confirmation" emails. They're the equivalent of Spam to me - all are deleted as soon as I see them. That's just me, though.

Keith

Posted (edited)

Here's the reply I got from my provider. 

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

According to our logs, we have not determined inbound from @Waymarking.com or @geocaching.com email accounts. Also, specified IP addresses are absent in our blacklists, and not blocked externally (https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a63.251.163.229&run=toolpage).

Also, we have tested receiving for test message received successfully. You may refer to the screenshot and header attached.

Please be advised to retest receiving from affected senders, as our logs stores messages for one week. If the issue persists, kindly provide us with header of sent, but not received message and bounceback (if have so). Finding Headers:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22454?cbid=1dtq5y3o3g6cz&src=cb&lev=answer

Should you have an immediate question or concern, please visit our support page at aplus.net.

Thank you for choosing aplus.net. We appreciate your continued business.

Regards,

Vincent F. | Customer Care Team
p 855.791.8966support@aplus.net
aplus.net

Edited by RakeInTheCache

On 7/11/2020 at 2:42 AM, ScroogieII said:

I look at "My Categories" every day that I'm doing Waymarking stuff, so I really don't need the "Confirmation" emails. They're the equivalent of Spam to me - all are deleted as soon as I see them. That's just me, though.

Keith

Receiving the notifications of pending votes is really important.  I've missed votes because of this problem.

• Upvote 1

I sent off a message to bootron.  I don't know what else I can do to get the e-mails to work.  I have no clue as to what other information I can give them for troubleshooting.

For the record, I started receiving Waymarking.com e-mail again.  Don't know how many e-mails I lost in the meantime. No news from Groundspeak whether it was them or my provider who was the root cause.

These days sometimes submission emails take time.
Yesterday there was one decline e-mail that did not reach me never.
Sometimes when you attach a photo to your post you are creating it freezes and gives a connection error or they are not posted in the gallery.
But it usually stops soon.

I have just messaged Bootron about not receiving e-mail copies.

Hi Bootron,

I have sent several e-mails in the last few days using Waymarking and geocaching with the option to receive a copy of the mail but have not been receiving the copies.  Is there something now working correctly on the Groundspeak side?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Robert.

I am getting all of my emails for copies of messages I sent thru Waymarking. 

7 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I am getting all of my emails for copies of messages I sent thru Waymarking. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Must be specifically related to me and could be related to my previous Waymarking e-mail problem I had which (I think) Bootron was able to resolve.  I have messaged him again about the problem.

Hi,

We have a problem. When somebody decline wy WM, I wrote in the text for the officers and when I continued, put "not changes, aceppt or cancel" and view WM. I view and the text or is cleaned or the same precious, and I submit for review but the text I see that not be.

It is sad, for the feedback with reviewers, say thanks...

12 minutes ago, Ariberna said:

Hi,

We have a problem. When somebody decline wy WM, I wrote in the text for the officers and when I continued, put "not changes, aceppt or cancel" and view WM. I view and the text or is cleaned or the same precious, and I submit for review but the text I see that not be.

It is sad, for the feedback with reviewers, say thanks...

It's been a bug for many years! Just change one little thing on your waymark page, and the private message to reviewer will be seen. Try it next time. Say anything just to test it out. 

• Helpful 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, ScroogieII said:

Well, today I need it to work.  I'm aware that the mail system has had its share of problems in the past, so... ScroogieII, if you're lurking, I've sent a note in your direction.  Please let me know if you don't see it.