Sign in to follow this  
Followers 4
Tante.Hossi

email problems?

103 posts in this topic

Aside from e-mails we aren't getting, is there another way to read the useful comments from reviewers that might accompany our waymark posts?

Only if you are a member of the group then you can look at the past history.

That's what happens at 4:00 am, you really want to stay asleep, however "useful comments" keeps rolling around in your head.

Please explain "useful comments" I perhaps lead you astray.

Edited by BK-Hunters

Hi all. I received this email on the Geocaching site...

Posted Today, 07:41 AM

We have reported this issue to the engineers and hope for a solution soon. Although we don't provide customer service support for Waymarking, we do receive bug reports and take action on cases like this one. Thanks for reporting it!

Cindy / Frau Potter

As I suspected, no-one working on Waymarking as such, but GC techs looking after it.

At least it's officially being addressed :)

The email issue should now be fixed.

So how do we confirm it's fixed?

Edited by jiggs11

I have sent an email from my admin account to my regular account and it was successful. I had done that before I posted that it was fixed. I received a message from the manager of development who I work with let me know it was fixed at which time I conducted the test.

Edited by Waywizard

Waymarking

Hello from Waymarking.com!

We have received your new waymark submission:

They're back!!!

YEP! :) Thanks Waywizard for your help ;)

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

I only got one new one around 2pm pacific and nothing since them. I didnt get one for my waymark submission this evening or for anything else.

I submitted a waymark this morning an received no email :sad:

Sorry but the messaging system is still broken or broken again.

It is not possible to send/receive any message to another player using the messaging system.

You do not get any submission notification for your own submitted waymark.

Officers do not get any notification for new waymarks in their category.

So, I take it I'm not the only one not getting the automatic notification e-mails. Maybe if we had better support, people would not lose interest. It had been over a year since the message on the landing page has been updated. (Posted on 8/31/2015 1:58:00 PM by bootron)

Well that explains why I didn't get an answer from you to my question on why I wasn't getting confirmation and approval emails. -Sigh-

And just like that - no emails :(

Hi BB, I sent you a message through the Geocaching Message Center. Did you get it or is that busted also?

I have sent an email from my admin account to my regular account and it was successful. I had done that before I posted that it was fixed. I received a message from the manager of development who I work with let me know it was fixed at which time I conducted the test.

The "fix" Didn't even last a full day :(

Just got a new confirmation. Hope it is fixed now.

I get no emails since some days!! I dont know, if some manager have problems with my new waymarks or something like this!!

When will i get emails!

Just submitted a waymark and was surprised to get an email notification. First notification in many days. I guess that means there will be no release of "pending notifications" (i.e. for all the waymarks submitted and approved while the email was down). Which also means there may be some categories where the officers do not check in regularly and they may not know there are waymarks awaiting review.

Just submitted a waymark and was surprised to get an email notification. First notification in many days. I guess that means there will be no release of "pending notifications" (i.e. for all the waymarks submitted and approved while the email was down). Which also means there may be some categories where the officers do not check in regularly and they may not know there are waymarks awaiting review.

Yep, good ol' "cancel and Resubmit" :)

Hopefully all officers know to check their queue on the right side menu: Category Searches: My Categories

My Categories will take you to a list of all the categories you help manage, then just click on "Show All Waymarks Requiring Review" a list of pending waymarks are listed and ready for review.

Hi BB, I sent you a message through the Geocaching Message Center. Did you get it or is that busted also?

I got it - did you get my reply?

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

I got it - did you get my reply?

Just looked at it, however did not receive a message that the message was waiting. :blink:

Well, I have not received any emails except notifications of forum posts on our watch-list. No confirmations, no approvals or other correspondence from Waymarking. This started about two hours ago, we have posted new waymarks one was approved with no notification.

Anyone else?

Well, I have not received any emails except notifications of forum posts on our watch-list. No confirmations, no approvals or other correspondence from Waymarking. This started about two hours ago, we have posted new waymarks one was approved with no notification.

Anyone else?

Update: Has this problem resurfaced again? Anyone else having a problem. Looks like it started yesterday.

It looks like this will be added to the list of problems at Waymarking along with "extra lines" and problems with the "statistics not updating"

Update: Has this problem resurfaced again? Anyone else having a problem. Looks like it started yesterday.

I'm experiencing the same thing.

Edited by QuarrellaDeVil

I'm experiencing the same thing.

And that is why your waymarks didn't get reviewed until just now, QDV.

same problem for me.. i got new approved waymarks, but i got no emails!

I have testet the different kinds of messaging at Waymarking.

The messaging system is totally broken again.

It is not possible to send/receive any message to another player using the messaging system.

You do not get any submission notification for your own submitted waymark. And you do not get a message when your waymark was approved or declined.

Officers do not get any notification for new waymarks in their category.

So it is time for Groundspeak's developpers to fix it. PLEASE!!

Message deleted by BK-Hunters

Thought I had new information.

Edited by BK-Hunters

Is anyone else receiving emails from Geocaching?

I have received two in the last two days. Not too sure, it must be linked to our profile page at Geocaching (send email)

Hopefully we will hear something soon about the email problem and the other problems we are experiencing.

Received this email from Waywizard (WM Lackey)

Hi,

I am a volunteer on the Waymarking site. I can do certain administrative tasks with categories and waymarks. I have reported the bugs that are listed on the forums to Groundspeak development but have not heard any dates for fixes. As you probably know the Waymarking site has been low on the priority for development work for many years and as such I would not even guess when the bugs will be fixed.

Waywizard.

So there you have it. Basically "make do with what you have (again)"

Received this email from Waywizard (WM Lackey)

Hi,

I am a volunteer on the Waymarking site. I can do certain administrative tasks with categories and waymarks. I have reported the bugs that are listed on the forums to Groundspeak development but have not heard any dates for fixes. As you probably know the Waymarking site has been low on the priority for development work for many years and as such I would not even guess when the bugs will be fixed.

Waywizard.

So there you have it. Basically "make do with what you have (again)"

Well, THAT's de-motivating! :(

Just got a Waymark Conf email. Let's hope this is fixed (again) and then on to the stats mess ... or is that asking for a bit much?:)

I have yet to understand why, or how, ostensibly static software can break, and break, and break, and break, and break.

I'm beginning to suspect that this place was programmed by Microsloth!

Keith

I don't appear to be getting my e-mails again. Just published 10 new waysmarks which 6 have been approved. Only a minor irritant as the waymarks are still getting approved. Unfortunately if the reviewers left any constructive comments I won't know it to take action.

I did get your reply alert. Had not received any submission notices or other emails from Waymarking. Just checked the review queue and there are two new ones, but did not receive a notification. Hummm, had not made the connection yet.

There does seem to be a problem with the email again. :(

I just received a "Group vote call" email.

I have received several mails from Waymarking today - submission, confirmation, group vote, visit.

Notification mails from the forum are working as well.

I have received several mails from Waymarking today - submission, confirmation, group vote, visit.

Notification mails from the forum are working as well.

Seems the email is working.

My apologies. It seems the e-mail app I was using on my phone thought it knew better what e-mails I needed to see and what ones I could do without and was rejecting e-mails from geocaching.com. The e-mails were showing online and on another platform so I switched my phone's app.

Thanks for confirming.

Is it only me?

Here it looks like our favorite bug is back.

2 hours ago, fi67 said:

Is it only me?

Here it looks like our favorite bug is back.

No, this time it is a problem with Outlook.com. It seems to not send and receive any emails since this morning in western Europe. Luckily, I use this account only for leisure related topics.

The last e-mail I got from the system was 8:52 AM today.  Anybody else not getting notifications?