Anyone from the "Movie Locations" group active here?

alsterdrache

I set up two new "Movie Locations" waymarks and would love to integrate them into an announcement for the cozy event that we had there with our Swedish friends before the listing has to be archived.

Could someone please publish them? I handed them in a week ago:

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMMW0V_Polisstation_Ystad_Henning_Mankells_Kurt_Wallander

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMMW4T_Gatukk_Kiosk_Ystad_Henning_Mankells_Kurt_Wallander

I hope that someone in charge reads these lines ...

Thanks and viele Grüße, Alex

I set up two new "Movie Locations" waymarks and would love to integrate them into an announcement for the cozy event that we had there with our Swedish friends before the listing has to be archived.

Could someone please publish them? I handed them in a week ago:

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMMW0V_Polisstation_Ystad_Henning_Mankells_Kurt_Wallander

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMMW4T_Gatukk_Kiosk_Ystad_Henning_Mankells_Kurt_Wallander

I hope that someone in charge reads these lines ...

Thanks and viele Grüße, Alex

better to send a polite email directly to the listed officers and ask for a review -- be sure and mention your event :)

better to send a polite email directly to the listed officers and ask for a review -- be sure and mention your event :)

This is exactly what I did before, of course: I'm not new to all this. There is just no reply at all. The problem is that the website tells you that new Waymarks will usually be published within one or two days but in fact the system of peer review works only in single cases or with outstanding waymarkers. One of my older Waymarks took 10 months to be finally published ... Frustrating if you ask me ...

It does not make any sense to discuss general Waymarking approval times. It's always about problem categories. There is a general issue to identify them and the recovery process has its hickups, but it usually works. The situation is much better than some years ago, when we could not do anything against abandoned categories.

This issue could easily be resolved with a 7 day policy meaning if none of the officers has approved or disapproved the waymark after 7 days, the waymark is tentatively approved automatically with the officers/founder having the ability to retract the listing if they find it doesn't fit into their category when they do get around to signing in or reviewing it.

Simple solution, no real downside, and it would stop alienating people from Waymarking.

In addition, after 7 days of any unapproved waymark, open enrollment should be turned on for the associated group, if it was off.

Perhaps something could even be done where an automatic email sends invites to group members (even if they joined after the aforementioned auto-turn-on of open enrollment, but only if it had been off) to become officers! Sounds ridiculous? ......

Long, long waits on waymarks, are definitely a discouragement to waymarkers and Waymarking.

Note that I didn't say inactive group officers. That is often the cause for long, long waits and has been addressed many times in these forums. But regardless of reason, long waits are a real disappointments to folks who have taken a lot of time, effort, fuel money, and other equipment costs to write up a waymark, only to have it sit and rot for weeks at a time.