Ranger Fox Wherigo data won't save

ttcm4geo

While setting up zones on a cartridge, I create a question, fill in all the info, click update, and the whole thing disappears. After redoing it the same thing happens. I tried doing it without images, same result. It will let me upload images, but I get a long coded message saying "Error in SetImage, false, timed out"....etc Please help! This problem prompted me to create too many zones, which I cannot figure out how to delete. I can see how to rearrange them, and how to create them, but not how to delete them. Please help! Tammy ttcm4geo

Yes I got the answer re deleting zones- thank you.

I am using Chrome (goggle). Not Firefox. But since you mention it I will try using that Browser.

I am also wondering if it is the pictures i am uploading somehow causing the problem?? I got a couple from web articles, and such. Not likely probably...Not sure why the save function doesn't work for this one cartridge- Tucson Historic Signs (it does for the other- Neon Pueblo). Tammy ttcm4geo

annot open database "wherigokitsql" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'wherigokitsql'.

at RangerFox.Wherigo.Kit.Data.DBA.SelectReader(SqlCommand cmd) at RangerFox.Wherigo.Kit.Data.User.PopulateUserSettings() at RangerFox.Wherigo.Kit.UI.Account.Register.ProcessLogin()

I tried logging in to the kit using Firefox, but the login failed, and above this is the message I got. Tammy

No I had trouble logging in to Wherigo with the other browser-Firefox. So I am going back to Chrome.

The problem is it won't save on one of the cartridges I am working on. I put some data and photos on a location, click save and nothing happens. Then if I close the location to work on another one, the info on the one I closed just before hand is gone when I open it again. I wonder if I downloaded something toxic when I copied a photo or two off the web. That seems to be when the trouble started. I tried logging off and in again, tired rebooting computer, etc and it didn't fix it. I don't get that little pop up that says" Ranger Fox Wherigo says Your cartridge is saved" either. Whatever it is it is on only one of my cartridges I am working on, the other one is fine. Strange. Tammy

This is weird. I edited your seventh zone, "The Tuscon Inn", and didn't have any problems doing so. I left that zone edited so you can see the change. The kitsune image I used is of an original painting I purchased a few years back.

When you're in Chrome, press the F12 key to display the developer tools. Locate "Console" on the gray bar at the top and click it. Click the slash-through circle icon on the next row to clear the console logs. Now, try to display and edit your cartridge. Let me know if your browser reports any errors during your editing process.

I'm going to have to write something to let people delete cartridges. Also, that first tab is getting very busy, so I will also need to do something so the text doesn't flow off someone's browser window. I have plenty of things to work on in the world-o-Wherigo.

I will try your suggestions. Maybe i t is something with my computer.

This is a great program you have created. It is so easy and intuitive. (I could not do this simple Wherigo on the Groundspeak program at all. ) You are doing a great job. I imagine the tweaks never end...Tammy

This is weird. I edited your seventh zone, "The Tuscon Inn", and didn't have any problems doing so. I left that zone edited so you can see the change. The kitsune image I used is of an original painting I purchased a few years back.

When you're in Chrome, press the F12 key to display the developer tools. Locate "Console" on the gray bar at the top and click it. Click the slash-through circle icon on the next row to clear the console logs. Now, try to display and edit your cartridge. Let me know if your browser reports any errors during your editing process.

I'm going to have to write something to let people delete cartridges. Also, that first tab is getting very busy, so I will also need to do something so the text doesn't flow off someone's browser window. I have plenty of things to work on in the world-o-Wherigo.

Well, the fun never does seem to end. I was uploading an update to the WF site an hour ago and the Microsoft Azure service went down. It's still not back up. The company I work for full-time also uses Azure and their customer portal site is down. That's how I know there's nothing I can do about it.

Kit is hosted on a completely different hosting account, so it remains up even when Azure is down. However, I cannot switch over to using that hosting account because I'm doing some things that account doesn't allow unless I want to pay a lot more money. (For those with a technical background, Kit's hosting service is shared hosting running in a medium trust environment while the WF site with the WF.Compiler needs to be run with full trust.)

Actually, no, I didn't do anything. While I've been waiting for the WF site to come back up, I've been planning a trip for next week to Delaware--supposing I can convince work into letting me take some time off (I've hardly taken any this year). There looks to be only one cartridge in the entire state. Too bad.

I've exhausted my own state's supply of cartridges, but that's easy to do when you're practically almost the only one in the area who does Wherigo.

Actually, no, I didn't do anything. While I've been waiting for the WF site to come back up, I've been planning a trip for next week to Delaware--supposing I can convince work into letting me take some time off (I've hardly taken any this year). There looks to be only one cartridge in the entire state. Too bad.

I've exhausted my own state's supply of cartridges, but that's easy to do when you're practically almost the only one in the area who does Wherigo.

Ok, I'm back. The first cartridge is all set. (Check it out!) However, the 2nd cartridge, neon pueblo, when I get to Sun land Hotel and click on the correct answer to the question, it gives me a NO. I went back to the location and it is correct there (the radio button is noting the right answer.) But when I click on the right answer in the emulator I get the note that it is wrong. I went back, deleted the question, did the whole question over. I reloaded the file, I think. Same problem.

It is late, I think I will try again tomorrow. Tammy

Okay, I need to trim the answers people submit. You had an extra space at the end of the correct answer. I removed it.

I'll make an update to Kit later this evening, perhaps around 8PM EST. I'll try to update the script files instead of the server files so that no one will be kicked off the site when I do the update.

One other thing about Kit, now that you can test cartridges in Webwigo: Kit uses OnProximity and not OnEnter to trigger events. This is due to the Garmin players' bug which usually forces someone to zero out before OnEnter is triggered. Because I'm using OnProximity, you need to drag the emulator's marker close to the zone, but not into it. I'll come up with a fix so Kit is smart enough to use OnEnter when sending to the emulator and OnProximity when building the cartridge for you. This will take me a little while to make and test, and I don't have that sort of time if I'm preparing for a trip. Besides, if I don't get this high priority project at work done, I won't be taking any trips because all my time off requests will be denied. Sounds like I might need to put in some overtime again.