Can't expand search for Event Notifications

74vwBus

I had my setting at 50 miles for a notification for a newly listed event. But I wanted to expand my event notifications to 75 miles away. I deleted my old one since it kept going back to 49.(and a bunch of numbers)

I then made a new notification and made the mileage 75. I look at it and it says 49.(and a bunch of numbers) again!

Any reason why I can't expand my notification to 75 miles? Thanks

I had my setting at 50 miles for a notification for a newly listed event. But I wanted to expand my event notifications to 75 miles away. I deleted my old one since it kept going back to 49.(and a bunch of numbers)

I then made a new notification and made the mileage 75. I look at it and it says 49.(and a bunch of numbers) again!

Any reason why I can't expand my notification to 75 miles? Thanks

There is a limit to the distance, I can't remember what, but apparently 49 is the farthest you can go. Or maybe it's just a glitch.

Either way solution (to the limits) is to create another notification. Instead of setting it for near your home set it somewhere else- for example a city 67 miles away. I'd just use the co-ords for a random cache in said city.

The reasoning for the 50 mile limit is that this feature is more intended for the FTF Hunters to get notification of newly posted caches in their area. While events on the other hand are posted at least 2 weeks before the event, there is other means of notification in ample time prior to the event. They include the Weekly Groundspeak mailer, Pocket Queries set up to show events, and even Searching on the website for events either by date, OR near you....

The Steaks

P.S. I agree that 50 miles is a small area for many of us, but it is adequite for MUCH of the caching community for FTF alerts. Would you drive 2 HOURS(100 Miles) for a FTF in many areas? In my area 100 miles isn't that far for a FTF(Wyoming), but in other areas I've lived a FTF had to be within 5 MILES of where I was at for me to even think of getting it!