Downloading Multiple Caches to Garmin GPS60

Hugo Von Stype

Hello all, I have just acquired a Garmin GPS60 and am using the EasyGPS software with it. I can successfully download geocaches from the map one at a time. Is there a way of downloading multiple caches at the same time?

Hugo

Not as a Basic Member.

Premium Members can use Pocket Queries. It's often cited as the main reason people pay for Premium Membership.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=28

B.

Hello all, I have just acquired a Garmin GPS60 and am using the EasyGPS software with it. I can successfully download geocaches from the map one at a time. Is there a way of downloading multiple caches at the same time?

Hugo

I am going to go with the assumption that you really did recently acquire an old discontinued yellow model Garmin GPS 60. If that is not the case, you provided incomplete information, and some of what I am about to say will not be 100% valid. Much, but not all.

It will probably be a short list of current cachers who have:

#1 - experience with EasyGPS (and currently have a copy on their computer).

NOTE: ExpertGPS is a more powerful pay version of this software. It is capable of a few handy useful tricks that its FREE little brother is not.

#2 - own and have ready access to a nice yellow fully functional Garmin GPS 60.

#3 - have ready access to a Basic Member account to re-test the functionality of both of these resources to verify that this option has not been "improved" out of existence by Groundspeak.

You were given the short incomplete pay for it PQ solution. The PQ solution is a very good tool to pack a large chunk of cache data into a new modern paperless GPS. An old GPS 60 is incapable of holding much of the gpx file data sent by way of a PQ. However a GPS 60 is quite well suited to store FREE to Basic members loc file data. That is what you have been getting one cache at a time. But there is a way to gather the FREE loc data roughly 20 caches at a time (depending on how many excluded Premium Member caches were on that page of 20 caches.

I won't go into detail about how it works. But here is a link more suited to your question, and if you need additional assistance, feel free to contact me through my profile. There are a few steps to it, but it isn't all that bad. And did I mention that it is FREE?

2.7. How do I download geocaches to my GPS device?

Basic Members

Basic Members can download geocache information in the form of LOC files. This file type contains only general information: the geocache listing title, GC Code, and coordinates.

LOC files can be downloaded one at a time from geocache listings by clicking the "LOC Waypoint File", located under the geocache coordinates.

Up to twenty LOC files can be downloaded from a search results page, after entering in the required CAPTCHA. Check the box to the right of the listings you want, and then check the "Download Waypoints" button at the bottom of the search page.

Edited by Cardinal Red