Garmin 62sc Question

Topaz100

They are probably there. You need to "show found". The default view is "show unfound". On the geocaching list screen, I believe you press the menu button to change views.

No they aren't in the found file. I delete the found file on a regular basis. I need to transfer from GSAK or cache page to the GPS.

Edited by Topaz100

The field note file "geocach_visits.txt" is not what controls what is found and not found by the GPS. When you transfer them to the GPS, the information on whether or not they are found is sent with them and the GPS knows they have been found. You need to select the option on the GPS to show the found caches.

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer some found caches into my Garmin 62sc? I've tried through GSAK and manually from the cache page and it won't load. I want to introduce a newby to geocaching and the easiest way would be with ones I've already found. Thanks.

I believe the other option on my 62s is to look for the found ones as waypoints, not geocaches.

Can anyone tell me how I can transfer some found caches into my Garmin 62sc? I've tried through GSAK and manually from the cache page and it won't load. I want to introduce a newby to geocaching and the easiest way would be with ones I've already found. Thanks.

I believe the other option on my 62s is to look for the found ones as waypoints, not geocaches.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The caches I want to put on my GPS are ones that I have already found and deleted from the GPS. I have them in a database on GSAK and have tried transferring them to the GPS but it doesn't accept them. They are not in Waypoints, Recent Finds, Geocaches or any place else. I tried entering the coordinates manually but it seem I can only put one into the GPS that way. I'm thinking that what I want to do just isn't possible.

Maybe I'm not making myself clear. The caches I want to put on my GPS are ones that I have already found and deleted from the GPS. I have them in a database on GSAK and have tried transferring them to the GPS but it doesn't accept them. They are not in Waypoints, Recent Finds, Geocaches or any place else. I tried entering the coordinates manually but it seem I can only put one into the GPS that way. I'm thinking that what I want to do just isn't possible.

Does the 62sc show Found caches?

In GSAK mark the caches as NOT found, then send to GPS.

You may be better off downloading the GPX files to a new database in GSAK, then mark as unfound, then send to GPS.

It may be better to ask in the GSAK forums...

Does the 62sc show Found caches?

In GSAK mark the caches as NOT found, then send to GPS.

You may be better off downloading the GPX files to a new database in GSAK, then mark as unfound, then send to GPS.

It may be better to ask in the GSAK forums...

Yes it show found caches if I haven't deleted them (which I have). I don't know how to mark the caches as unfound in GSAK.

Yes it show found caches if I haven't deleted them (which I have). I don't know how to mark the caches as unfound in GSAK.

For a single geocache..

Select the cache, then "Right Click" your mouse or trackpad. From the pop-up menu that will appear, select "Cache Status". From that fly-out menu select "Set to not found."

For multiple caches, you will need to Filter the caches, that's easy if you want all your found caches and then from the Database menu select "Global Replace". On the "Global Replace" dialogue, select the "Replace" drop down and scroll up or down until you find "Found Status". Then, in the "With" dialogue which is to the right of the "Replace" dialogue select "Not Found". Then click the button labelled "Replace".

That's all there is to it.

what i do is the following

export the caches you want to use as a GPX file from Gsak I use marco call Garmin GPS export

on the Gps

1 Go to the Geocaches Menu

2 then menu again

3 go down to Show Found

4 pick the cache you want to goto .

you will have to do the above steps for each found cache you want to find again

hope this helps

They ARE on the GPS and can be found in the found cache list.

As other state, it is simple to change the cache status in GSAK if you want them in the unfound list.

One thing that could cause you problems is if you are using a MAC as deleted files are left on the unit in the trash. If you are using a MAC, make sure you empty the trash and reboot the unit with not GPX files before putting new one on.

Edited by Red90